cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this acceptable Service Level for business users??

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Is this acceptable Service Level for business users??

One of my PlusNet business accounts has lost its Usage Stats. So, following your website's advice I  phoned business support.

Call answering stats from your web site:

Residential Calls - Average time to answer today: 5 minutes and 7 seconds.

Business Calls - Average time to answer: 16 minutes and 9 seconds.

1. Why so slow response time for handling business calls?  If memory serves me correctly businesses pay extra. 

2. Are business customers now lower priority than residential customers?

When I eventually got through, the Help Desk person was polite, but didn't take my name/account number  or log a ticket. He said the loss of Broadband Usage stats was a known problem and it had been "referred upstairs" but that there was no feed back on an estimated time to fix. When I asked how long this had been going on I was told he'd noticed it at Christmas  (*). He didn't know if this issue had been escalated, but he did know there were other more important support issues worrying second level support/network staff.

I've been a manager of managers in charge of international help desks for a major Bank. If I'd heard of such poor problem management by my teams I'd be making some early morning phone calls to tell managers not to bother coming into work because they no longer worked for us.

I'll be interested in hearing PlusNet's official response before I write to BT's Chairman as a "concerned shareholder".

Edit: (*)  I've since discovered PlusNet have known about this problem for many months.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
11 REPLIES 11
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Is this acceptable Service Level for business users??

From what people say on here I'd say the stats are wrong as it takes people 30+mins to get through

How much of a problem is it causing you not seeing your usage stats?
AlaricAdair
Champion

Ooops clicked the wrong button. Not a fix!

We use that particular account to keep track on how much guests utilise the Wifi in the holiday home so it is a useful tool. Sure I know other ways of accumulating such data, but it mean I have to invest in extra equipment. Usage stats are supposed to be part of the PlusNet bundle; if they didn't provide it I would have used a provider such as Zen who do so reliably.

MrSilver
Pro

Hi,
In the other threads people with static ips seemed to still have usage stats, so a workaround would be to add that to your account £5 one off charge iirc and a reboot of the router, that looks like it would get the stats back.

So do you charge guests for the amount of data or is it a curiosity thing?

If plusnet were stopping it as a feature I think they would have said they are withdrawing it like they have with other features, and it's still working for some, so hopefully you will get stats back either way!
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@MrSilver

Sorry but you are wrong. I have a static IP and I have had no usage figures for several months.

Anoush said that people on a metered tariff would always get usage figures but those that could no longer see them were all on unlimited tariff.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MrSilver
Pro

Ah ok, my unlimited static ip is still giving me usage..
AlaricAdair
Champion

@MrSilver wrote:

So do you charge guests for the amount of data or is it a curiosity thing?

No charge, it is bundled in the price, then the Holiday agency take their 25% plus VAT.  I had to switch to unlimited when one couple used 45 GB in a five day period.

MrSilver
Pro

Yeah I can believe that much usage! If I'm in hotels I tether my iPad to phone and can use 20g Netflix in 5 evening!!

Just need some bad weather and have them stay in and use lots of that data!!
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have removed the fix as per message #3.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Simon
Grafter

... No.

Recently I rang at about 16:45 on a Friday to upgrade a business account only to get through after 17:00 to be told that I needed to speak to another dept. (..cancellations..??) who were now closed (since 17:00).

I rang back on Monday at 16:30ish and when got through at about 16:50 was told again I needed another dept. (I KNOW..) and they close at 17:00 (I KNOW). "Their wait time is showing as zero.. which may mean there's no queue or they're not accepting calls.." (OH [-Censored-]! (inner monologue)) I was put through, waited a bit and did manage to upgrade, but was a pee'd off bunny.

I remember getting through to the business line (separate number) was almost instant, though lately it seems to take an age.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

CodeBusters
Grafter

I was going to open a separate topic but this seems a good place to be.

Nothing improves for business users does it?

ScreenShot00275.jpg

Disgusting...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry that the call queues for business customers are really high. This is something we're completely aware of, and we're working to bring the wait time down as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, is there anything I can help with on here?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet