cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Plus Net Business User Group?

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Is there a Plus Net Business User Group?

My company has just lost a scheduled man day of work (i.e one day's wasted labour) because of a failure of communication between BT Wholesale and Plus Net. We were waiting for a business ADSL to be activated before installing some equipment.  PlusNet had previously emailed us to say the line would be activated yesterday (up to midnight), but that they'd contact us when the service had been activated.
No news yesterday and none today until today when a PlusNet email following a phone call from us to the PN business customer support desk. If we'd not made the call the email would not have arrived. It was explained as a break down in communication from BT Wholesale system.
Consequences:

• We lost money because of the delay of scheduled activity

• It cost us time and resources to track down what had happened

• PN have suffered reputational loss

• PN incurred the cost of answering the call

• We'll ensure BT suffers a loss of business as a measure of our displeasure

This type of situation should not have happened. PN should undertake some proper root cause analysis of procedural faults and then either fix the problem in procedures/systems. They should also have a work around in place pending a proper fix. In this case there should have been a diary action recorded for PN to check the service had been delivered on the date as promised. The system should not have to rely on business customers complaining when things have gone wrong.
A few years ago I saw some research that only 1 in 29 customers complain when something is not right. I wonder how much damage is done to PlusNet's reputation by people who do not complain?
It's time for Business Customers to take matters into their own hands and create a "Pnet B.U.G." Business User Group is one does not exist already.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Is there a Plus Net Business User Group?

I wouldn't bother.
Plusnet's sole priority at the moment is to sign up as many users as possible under the terms of whatever ridiculous offer it takes to get them. It doesn't matter whether they can actually deliver the service on time - just as long as the sales team can meet their targets.
I don't think another user group is going to make any difference.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DanielA

Good evening, AlaricAdair.
I am very sorry to see your order has had problems and that it has adversely affected you in such a way.
If you would be willing to provide me your ticket number I will be happy to take a look into the underlying cause and ensure we are doing all we can to rectify this inconvenience.
As I finish my shift shortly it will be tomorrow I call you to advise the outcome of my investigation, assuming you are so kind as to provide the ticket number and allow me the opportunity to investigate.
AlaricAdair
Champion

The incident itself has been resolved following my phone call. There was a number of 79590870 associated.
However the point I was making was that the problem was avoidable. From the discussion I had it was clear it is not a new problem. Root cause analysis of previous incidents of the same cause should have produced a solution/work around at PlusNet Towers.
The reason why I'm suggesting a Business User Group is because Plus Net have not fixed the problems, we also see products like FTTP dragging their heels. A business user group could add considerable expertise in finding the way around problems, in particular providing a route to those senior managers at the top of Plus Net (and above) who do not appear to have much focus on the needs of business users.
DanielA

Thank you for providing the ticket number.
I have looked into this matter and do agree the root cause should be investigated as opposed to just tolerated. I have as a result raised this problem to our back-end team for investigation so the cause can be found and resolved, as is correct process.
I am sorry my colleague had not already raised the matter for investigation despite advising you he had seen the problem before. Whenever we see a problem that shows to be more than a one off the process is for us to raise the matter for investigation. I have made this clear to the adviser that assisted you and as stated before raised the matter for investigation myself. As to prevent this happening in future.
In regards to your suggestion for a "Business user group", I would imagine this forum system should suffice. As any suggestions you have in regards to adding certain products can be suggested by posting forums or raising a ticket on your account and such things would be passed onto the appropriate party for consideration. The same being for any service suggestions, as our "digicare" team and in fact the head of their department are on these forums on quite a regular basis and would also be sure to pass any serious concerns to senior management.
Just as a side note in regards to FTTP. This is a service we currently are willing to provide to customers when queried (essentially for us to trial the service), but we do not offer a specific FTTP product yet as it does not yet seem to be financially viable, given FTTP is not yet available on a large enough scale for the costs in designing and advertising a product to be beneficial.
I hope I have answered all your queries and should you have any more questions or suggestions please do let us know.
AlaricAdair
Champion

There is a Plusnet User Group (with a business sub-forum) at http://usergroup.plus.net/ but unfortunately it seems pretty moribund at present.