cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is plusnet a good choice for business VDSL? Feedback request

Work4Cunard
Dabbler

Is plusnet a good choice for business VDSL? Feedback request

I am currently looking at options to expand our company internet capability from existing ADSL to add in VDSL.
A number of years ago I moved my home internet from TT to a plusnet FTTC package and overall was very impressed with the level of service.
In the 1st year I used the support ticket system a couple of times and was equally impressed with the response.
However as there have be no further problems with my line I've had no cause to call on support since that time.
So with regards to our upcoming business choice I was therefore favouring plusnet as likely provider.
However I've since been enlightened by one of my colleagues (a frequent contributor to the plusnet forum) that plusnet support seems to have taken a lemmings leap over the last 12 months or more. He pointed to the business response times for answering calls has gone from a matter of seconds a year or so ago, to many minutes now. Loss of the ticket system, replaced with live chat "sorry I can't help with that.." seems to be an issue.
A quick check of the forum this evening suggests all is not well in plusnet-land, even for business customers.
So my question to fellow forum members is - Are there any business users happy with a recent move to plusnet? or am I better off looking elsewhere?
Any feedback gratefully appreciated.
Kev
3 REPLIES 3
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Is plusnet a good choice for business VDSL? Feedback request

I have two business ADSL account with PlusNet and used to recommend them, by and large the Internet service has been reliable. However they seem to have lost the plot on service response times (call queues etc) and I no longer feel comfortable with recommending them. They seem to have little effective influence on OpenReach when things go wrong. Their recent Crisis Management with their DNS outage was not good in respect of communication with their clients. It showed a lack of depth of 24 hour operational management covering the backs of their technicians.
I have recently ordered both a leased line and a VDSL (FTTC) service, both on new lines. Neither of those were placed with PlusNet as I do not believe they have demonstrated a long term commitment to business customers.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Work4Cunard
Dabbler

Alaric, thank you for your feedback. I have read with interest some of your other posts concerning your experiences/issues with PN.
I left this post for a while as I was interested to see if it would net any positive response from business users - but evidently none.
We are now looking elsewhere for our business VDSL (FTTC), although looking through the forum it seems I'm not alone in having mixed feelings at the prospect of returning to BT (moved away in 1997), albeit this time it would be their business unit. Still not decided yet, there are some smaller firms in the frame too.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I've just had the new 80/20 business broadband installed. I'd ordered an additional new phone line to avoid any loss of service.
The phone line was installed on time, without fuss on the designated date.
The vDSL modem/router was delivered, preconfigured, on time in advance of the FTTC service availability.
BT OpenReach activated the service on the scheduled date, it did not require a visit.
I unboxed on the modem/router, plugged it in, switched on the power, after 30 seconds I entered the user id and password. The service started working on the promised date. The Broadband speed was as advertised.
I was able to track the progress of my order online and at no time did I wait longer than a couple of minutes on the phone.
The only unfortunate element was the supplier was not PlusNet. It was Zen Internet.
Hey PlusNet, that is how things should happen!  Please come back to the Light Side.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.