G_992_5_ANNEX_A

Fast Path

2 MB Uploaded / 4 MB Downloaded

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Intermittent Speed Issues

@newtondeli Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at http://faults.plus.net.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
newtondeli
Grafter

@tinytaco This has been an ongoing issue for a number of months. Initially I suspected it was a speed issue as that's how it exhibited itself, but it transpired it was a stability issue with the connection. @Gandalf helpfully worked with me to try various troubleshooting over the course of a few weeks, and we had Openreach out to carry out some physical repair work too, however it's still the same ongoing stability issue we're experiencing, with the line dropping out repeatedly over the course of the day.

There's an existing fault/ticket which has all of the previous investigations detailed, along with this thread.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thank you for confirming that @newtondeli,

I can see from your connection log that the connection is dropping frequently but testing your line hasn't picked up the cause of this from here. Please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it - we'll then be able to investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
newtondeli
Grafter

Thanks @EmilyD I've completed a new fault report.

Would definitely suggest taking a look at the previous ticket, as lots of issues were identified and troubleshooting carrier out. 

Thanks! 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @newtondeli,

Although we can still view the information from the previous ticket, this has closed due to the length of time that has passed. Please report the issue via the above link and this will open up a new ticket so that this can be investigated further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
newtondeli
Grafter

I have already done so @EmilyD Smiley

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @newtondeli,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've run a diagnostic test of the line via Openreach systems and it has not reported a fault.  Please refer to the following page for advice on checking your Wi-FI: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

Thanks - LF

newtondeli
Grafter

@LordFoul It's definitely not a wifi issue, as the connection itself is dropping out (as @EmilyD said she could see from the connection log, and even your fault system identified it had dropped out twice or more each day for the past week - it's actually happening repeatedly.

We've tried different routers, different filters, different devices both hardwired and wifi, but it's the actual connection which is dropping regularly.

Again, if you take a look back through this thread and the previous ticket, and at the line drops, you'll be able to see this is a line/connection issue definitely not to do with wifi.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Was REIN ruled out?  That DS SNRM looks high again!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newtondeli
Grafter

Whilst not properly ruled, we've had 4 drops on the line this morning with ALL other electrical equipment in the shop switched off, so I'm assuming that gives a good indication that there's something else at play.

newtondeli
Grafter

Just updating with the radius output Ian has kindly shared on my ticket, showing how many disconnects we're experiencing!

image15888374063484.png

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

"so I'm assuming that gives a good indication that there's something else at play"

The RFI could be elsewhere.

That graph is horrible!

Is there noise on the phone line?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newtondeli
Grafter

No noticeable noice on the line, although we don’t use it day-to-day (we use a voip system, which means the drops are having a major impact!).

We’re an end terrace building, residential on the attached side, and a large open space on the other with just a hedge, so unless RFI is coming from the house next door or travelling some distance then I’m not sure what could be causing it?

This is exactly the same issue we had previously, which improved but was never fully resolved.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I know the frustration.

Years back when I ran a pub, after months of engineer visits - numerous changes to the d-side (under-ground, over head and pole riser segment) changes I got the typical speed risen from 2.5Mbps unstable to 5-6Mbps stable ... aside for the impact of passing high speed trains some 300 yards away.

The source of RFI can be anywhere near the length of the d-side circuit.