cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile plummeted this morning - OR engineer in street cabinet just beforehand??

jtankard
Dabbler

IP Profile plummeted this morning - OR engineer in street cabinet just beforehand??

Hi Plusnet,

I have just spoken to one of your support staff who for a business customer was very unhelpful I'm afraid just reading the usual script.

Our FTTC connection has been great for months syncing at around 33mbps. Our BT IP Profile was always showing around 34 ish. This morning our BT IP Profile changed to 12.6mbps. I find this very strange after I saw a BT Engineer in the street cab we are connected to.

For some reason your advisor did not believe our IP Profile was set at 12.6! I have attached a photo showing proof. As a business customer we are very unhappy with this situation. 

Where do we go from here please, as a business we reply on our internet connection.

Regards John

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: IP Profile plummeted this morning - OR engineer in street cabinet just beforehand??

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Business

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: IP Profile plummeted this morning - OR engineer in street cabinet just beforehand??

What’s your sync speed? The IP profile dropping is normally a symptom not a cause 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@jtankard  The Plusnet Current Line Speed is NOT your IP profile, it is Plusnet's own profile that is supposed to track the BT Wholesale IP profile which is a certain percentage of your sync speed. Usually the Current Line speed has no effect on your throughput speeds unless you have purchased a Static IP address, maybe Business accounts come with a static IP, I'm not sure. So if you have  a Static IP you need to ask Plusnet to set the line speed to match your IP profile.

jtankard
Dabbler

Ahhh cool,
Thanks so, after more investigation my actual IP profile is 34mbps but the Plusnet one is showing 12.6, my actual throughout here is around 12 and I do have a static IP so maybe another call to Plusnet is required...
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

I suspect at one point your sync speed dropped which  dropped the IP profile and in turn the Plusnet profile but when your sync speed and IP profile improved, the Plusnet profile hadn’t for one reason or another