cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile / Sync Rate

Ordyne
Dabbler

Re: IP Profile / Sync Rate

Any one know what the typical response time is on broadband faults? 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Sorry for the issues, I've just tested the line and updated the fault ticket with my findings, this has been reported through to our suppliers.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Ordyne
Dabbler

Thanks Chris, much appreciated.

Craig

Ordyne
Dabbler

Openreach engineer visit this morning, Line checks fine, he said his test came back 19 to 22 but in reality I'm probably never or rarely going to hit 19Mbps and the MGALS of 27.4Mb to 37.4Mbs is never going to happen. Said my only hope was G.Fast which is trialing near by but not listed on my cabinet. In reality he said the 16Mbps I am currently getting is about all I'm ever going to see which is about half of what was expected Cry

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Your speeds are way below the estimates, do you know where the cabinet is and the rough length of your line? Then ask on here or via customer support for a GEA line test which will give an estimated line length along with other data. I'm a bit suspicious in that there was an earlier problem with the wrong pair connected and the BT guy may have done something that affected the routing to the cabinet somehow making it longer than it should be. It certainly needs more investigation although there is the possibility that as its a recently restarted line the estimates may just be wrong. Does the phone number check still not show FTTC or has it changed? It should in theory show the same as the address checker but may not have updated. Hope PlusNet can help you with this.

Ordyne
Dabbler

The FTTC check is still the same but it does show that it's not been updated for months and the cabinet is only a recent install. Other near by numbers show FTTC at that cabinet though.

I think the tests you are speaking of were performed before openreach were asked to come to site. The distance on the check 1.8km /1.1mile is about right, I know where the cable runs UG and its about 1 mile.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 16.1 Mbps
Upstream Speed 1.3 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 1829.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Errors Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 08:00 to 08:15
Interference Location Customer Premise
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2017-09-30T12:45:00
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Yes that's the test I was thinking of and if that is the expected line length then unfortunately you are not going to get better speeds. As a rule ( lines can be very different) you need to be less than 1km from the cab for download speeds above 30Mbps. So not much can be done, at least its better than the ADSL speeds.Smiley

Ordyne
Dabbler

It is, but I was on a microwave link and VOIP for phone, this is now working at a lot more expensive for very little gain in speed.

I'll wait for my reply from support but it looks like I have some decisions to make.