cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot believe how poor Plusnet Support has got since i originally signed up with plusnet

cr0wman
Hooked

I cannot believe how poor Plusnet Support has got since i originally signed up with plusnet

I migrated around a month ago now to business broadband after being on residential for about 8 years as i needed a block of IP's

I have had nothing but problems since the migration with the plusnet support, what has happened to it ?Huh

In the early days of me signing up to residential the support was good, 

The web based ticket system is a waste of time and effort and all but ignored, the requests remain unread for several days at a time, the only way i can get any sort of response is by sitting in a phone queue for upto 40 minutes at a time and actually speaking to a person.

I have been trying now to get my rDNS sorted for 3 weeks and still no closer to getting it resolved.

I was assured it would be resolved quickly when I agreed to the new contract. That was a blatent lie.

I was also told ceasing my existing contract a little early and migrating to the business broadband under a new contract would not be a problem and i would not get billed early termination charges, within days i had a big bill for early termination that i had to fight to get cancelled.

Plusnet support in my opinion has to be amongst the worst of any ISP's now.

9 REPLIES 9
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: I cannot believe how poor Plusnet Support has got since i originally signed up with plusnet

Hi @cr0wman,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you feel this way. I've reviewed the situation and I can see that this is still being looked into, however I'm afraid that I'm unable to escalate this any further myself at this time. I've made a note of your forum thread on your support ticket and asked the relevant team to investigate the case further, though I'm afraid that I don't have any estimated timeframe for when this will be fully resolved. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

In regards to the ETC's, have these already been taken from your account?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
cr0wman
Hooked

Re: I cannot believe how poor Plusnet Support has got since i originally signed up with plusnet

I did resolve the ETC's

But getting the rDNS resolved really is a joke.

Twice your tech team have said its resolved now,

obviously they dont know how to use nslookup themselves and check it. it still is not resolved its almost a month now for such a simple task.

I manage a network across 17 countries for a global company so I do understand how easy this should be.

If any of my own IT team could not check such basic things they would not last.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @cr0wman

I'm sorry for the issues you're having getting your rDNS updated.

I've queried this with our NetOps team. We'll provide an update as soon as we know more. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cr0wman
Hooked

Still not resolved 02/07/21

Your tech teams all but ignore the ticketing system, and no-one appears to have the ability to resolve such a simple issue in a timely fashion, I think it is time to start looking for an alternate provider that has a capable support system in place. 

I am totally disgusted with the service provided by plusnet since moving to a business service.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your time on the pone @cr0wman

I've updated both the task with our NetOps Team, as well as the open Ticket on your account if you'd like to have a look.

I'll be back in touch once I've had an update. Thank you.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
ianradford

Where do you even find the ticketing system? I need to resolve an rDNS issue (that I swear had been sorted out 5 years ago) and can't find anyway to contact at all. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @cr0wman

I've received an update from our NetOps Team this morning advising that the work has been done to resolve your rDNS issue. This will reflect on your end within the next 24 hours.

If you're continuing to have problems tomorrow, please feel free to reach out and I'll get this looked into Smiley

You can find the open Ticket on your account here

Note: you may already need to be logged into the Member Centre on another tab for the above link to work.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
cr0wman
Hooked

This is a total waste of effort and time.
Another week
a 3rd time i am told it is completed
a 3rd time you have got it wrong

You need to replace your I.T netops team with people capable of completing and testing such simple tasks

cr0wman
Hooked

A full 2 months and plusnet have finally got this right this morning.