cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am sorry to bring this to the public forum....

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: I am sorry to bring this to the public forum....

I don't think it's the capacity that's been oversold, I think it's that they've taken on to many new users for the resources/experience of the support staff.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Lorenzo48
Grafter

I accept that, yeah.
seanbranagh
Grafter

BT have put FTTC rollout on my line back to the end of October so I went ahead and got my MAC and placed my order with A&A.
Their control panel is definitely not aimed at the average home user. I like the look of it all and I am really looking forward to the switchover to a useable internet connection.
One thing I noticed is the option for a "real" internet connection i.e. without NAT. When signing up you are asked for the number of different IP devices at your site. Based on my answers I was automatically assigned a 32 block, and there was me thinking there was a shortage of IPv4. LoL.
I honestly do not need that many IP's. A block of 8 would be enough as I currently have. They will automatically reduce this after a year if all the IP's are not used anyway.
So I am migrating as an ADSL customer but hopefully soon upgrading to FTTC when BT get that sorted at my cabinet.
seanbranagh
Grafter

My migration is complete. I have just entered the new login in my router and have been conducting a few tests. My first impression is that the difference in connection is truly astonishing!
I am obviously still synchronized with the exchange at the same speed but it feels like the connection is 5 times faster. It is peak time and not only is Youtube possible but I can load lots of different videos in different tabs without any of them buffering.
My full time job involves streaming real-time unbuffered 600K video (Unreal media server used). Previously with my PN connection it was not possible to view a single stream without continuous freezing. Now I can view 4, almost 5 without a single glitch.
Although my connection speed to the exchange has not changed (still 3104/832) my speed in every speedtest I can find has dramatically increased from approx (1800/500) recorded with PN to (2500/700) now recorded with AAISP.
I can even download large driver files from US servers at speeds I have never seen before with Plus Net even downloading from UK servers!
So there it is, if any of you were thinking about making this move you really do not need to think about it anymore, request your MAC first thing tomorrow!
atbs1
Grafter

Since being on BBO3 my speed has droped from 6mb to 4!
seanbranagh
Grafter

I have received an email from Plus Net stating that my webspace has been archived due to exceeding my usage allowance. The same message is displayed if I try visiting the webspace address.
Why does it not just say that my webspace has been removed because I am no longer a Plus Net Customer?
There was only some rubbish on there that was not serving any purpose as I made the wise move and moved to VPS hosting a long long time ago.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Because your account will have been downgraded to a dialup PAYG which only has 25MB (I think) allowance.
atbs1
Grafter

Yes, plusnet is quite unsuitable for the SOHO worker.  When my contract expires I will go elsewhere.  My question is "WHY has my connection speed dropped from 6/7 to 4 mbps?
Mark
Grafter

Hi SGTE
have you raised a fault to the Biz support team for investigation? That'll certainly help answer your question.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A reminder - this is the business support board.
Can I ask that any other posts referring to the merits/costs/experience with other suppliers be raised in a separate thread preferably in Chit Chat
seanbranagh
Grafter

Apologies, I started this thread regarding my experience as a PN Business customer (as I was when starting the thread).
I had just continued posting updates to how the story had unfolded following my migration to aaisp.
I will no longer post to this thread regarding this subject.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Posts related to AAISP and changing from BT infrastructure to BE have been split off and moved to http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90628.msg
CommuniCall
Dabbler

Sorry for being a late arrival on this subject.....
In terms of business clients in rural areas wanting very reliable 8mb service, Plus Net are hard to beat (we purchase our 8mb ADSL Max from them on a white label basis).  Also, when testing our Hosted VOIP solution we found that PlusNet based broadband delivered us the best call quality.
Not come across Andrews & Arnold, but people seem to be getting all excited by the fact that they offer Be based LLU broadband for a staggering £38.05 per month....
....when we only charge £25 for the same service!! 
Once Plusnet launch 21CN and FTTC to the partner channel we will using them for the majority of our clients.
If any one would like more information on our experience with PlusNet business services, feel free to ask me Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Could you provide details of what you get for your £25 a month. Specifically
Do you undertake to provide full line speed at all times on all protocols?
How much usage allowance do you get for the £25?