cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Zero & PDQ - well zero is the right rating...

katewoolley
Dabbler

Hub Zero & PDQ - well zero is the right rating...

Just moved our business broadband to Plusnet fibre. Installed 3 days after initial appointment, no internet all day despite a 2hr downtime assurance prior to order and then this pos router that kept us at work until 7pm last night with no success at getting the PDQ machine working! Despite calls to both Plusnet & Worldpay and it functioning perfectly via the previous 2 routers on talktalk & my temp office for the day yesterday on Plusnet!
Turns out it was the pile of plastic they call a router, hunch made me take in the old Thompson one from our fibre install at home & it worked instantly, 2 hours of hair pulling & calls and it was the 'new improved' router! No idea what they have done differently but the old one is better!
We're not the only business running PDQ's via ethernet cables so I hope this helps someone else or gives Plusnet a kick to realise it's not a business std bit of kit.
5 REPLIES 5
Kev
Grafter

Re: Hub Zero & PDQ - well zero is the right rating...

Hi Katewolley,
You are correct, we do have a lot of business who have PQD machines and I am not aware that there is a problem in connecting to our router.
Can you advise if this is via wireless or ethernet as it is not clear from this post.
If you can send me your username as a PM I can see if we can arrange a call to try to get to the bottom of this for you.
katewoolley
Dabbler

Sooo the bottom line
We're not the only business running PDQ's via ethernet cables so I hope this helps someone else
Didn't tell you we were using ethernet?? Ohkay then....
The router you sent (and the second one that was also sent as someone got the wrong end of the stick....) are both incapable of running our ingenico ict250 machine via ethernet.
The old technicolor one sent out by you last year when we had fibre installed at home was plugged in instead, plugged the PDQ in (yes via ethernet...) and it worked instantly.
Worldpay said it could be the router if it's not firewall or blocked ports (it's not, you don't block ports & we turned off the firewall to try...) so it is an issue with the new kit you are issuing.
User id is smartsport if you need more help.
Iceburnmarko

I know this is getting old but I just had the same problem whilst using the new plus.net connection over the old xln.  Turn out it not the isp or router or in my case barclays but the card machine.  It detects the gateway is address of the router.  If that is different it act like it online but when it comes to authorised it fails  the way to solve it if change router is as follows.  Turn the router off and card machine (unplug from wall).  Make sure card machine Is plug into new router.  Now turn on router until all lights are steady on.  Once that has happen, turn on the card machine.  It should now update the gateway and it should authorised as necessary 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Iceburnmarko
That's a very good suggestion, if the machines are trying to connect to an old gateway address or even have static IP addresses assigned then this could cause the issue.
@katewoolley
Did you get this resolved as I can see your last post on this thread was in August.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
katewoolley
Dabbler

Running through the old router, yes. As a decent solution, not really as the router frequently drops out wifi signal and disconnects several times a day & is unreliable but having had the initial issues I'm hesitant to fork out for a router if we could get the same problem as no idea why the new one wouldn't work!