cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Apple AirPort Extreme WITHOUT using technicolor TG582n Plusnet?

canterburytokyo

How to use Apple AirPort Extreme WITHOUT using technicolor TG582n Plusnet?

Hello, I just got an Apple AirPort Extreme and successfully set up a new WiFi network via technicolor TG582n Plusnet.
Ideally I would like to use WiFi provided from AirPort Extreme WITHOUT technicolor TG582n Plusnet. Is there any procedure to make it possible? I once connected the cable from AirPort Extreme to ADSL Filter, but it did not work.
Many thanks for your support in advance,
Masa
Plusnet Business Broadband (ADSL)
4 REPLIES 4
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: How to use Apple AirPort Extreme WITHOUT using technicolor TG582n Plusnet?

The Airport Extreme does not have an ADSL modem built in so you'll always need an intermediate device between it and the phone line.
cooke123

Did you set up your Airport successfully ? I am trying to set one up and whilst I can connect to the web, I get the message "no internet access". There is obviously a setting I am missing
grimallday

Similar problem here. Got a BT modem (supplied by PlusNet) to connect to my fibre .. This is connected to the Technicolor Router.
I want to replace the Technicolor Router with my Airport extreme, as its 100 time better and can support my music network of Airport express's around the house.
My current  attempts to configure the Airport Express to use my PlusNet Login details though PPPoE are failing  ... What have I missed!
Christopher
grimallday

Oh god worked out my username was wrong .. All working fine .. And buy what and improvment!!