cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with modem / router

Docrob
Grafter

Help with modem / router

I originally posted this in routers but got no answer so I am trying here as I am a business user.
I have a block of static IPs, I was using a CISCO WAG320N-UK modem / router on ADSL+2 and then when I changed to fibre it was a simple job of swapping to PPPoE. The WAG320N had NAT, firewall and wireless turned off as as to act as a router for my static IPs. Unfortunately the WAG320N is showing signs of failing (90 ppp drops in a hour and high latency + slow downloads) and it appears to be obsolete. I bought a tp-link Archer Ac2 as it is possible to turn off NAT etc, however even with NAT off it will not allow the WAN to be on the same subnet as the LAN and refuses to connect. I have temporarily overcome the failing WAG320N issue by connecting the server gateway directly to the BT box as it has PPPoE capability but this means that my other servers are off line as there is no router.
Can anybody help setup the AC2 to route the static IPs or suggest a simple router with PPPoE and no Nat etc  to do the job?
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Help with modem / router

Hi, you might find this thread useful http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108305.0.html . It suggests that the standard PN supplied TG582n is capable of being configured for a No-NAT situation

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Docrob
Grafter

Thanks that looks like it may do what I need. I am confused by some of the requirements though. Would I need to setup a PPPoE connection via the CLI or could I just use the command to set 0-Nat?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

From my reading of it , you would need to setup the pppoe using the cli.See the configuration example in Section 9.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.