cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going round in circles!

almamor

Going round in circles!

Placing my order for a business phone line and Broadband with plusnet was quick and painless, however, that is where it ends.
initially the Postcode checker concluded that there was an existing phone line (owned by BT) in the premises, I noted however that there were residential premises above my shop (which does not have an incoming line) and informed plusnet in less than 24 hours of this.
The response was that there was indeed no existing line to the shop but that plusnet would install one free of charge if I agreed to a 24 month contract (which I did) and that this would add 24-48 hours to the connection date, and that's it, despite telephone calls and a raised ticket I am none the wiser.
  "Our suppliers have yet to complete the survey required. We will be checking with them in 72 hours" was the response to my ticket, what survey? which supplier? during a further telephone conversation requesting an update I was informed that my premises had no phone line, really? I already knew that and made plusnet aware of this too.
However, the fact that I was told that a line would be installed in exchange for me agreeing to a lengthier contract was not on record, so my ticket has been escalated, that's great, but what does that mean?
All I want is an acknowledgement that my order is being processed and confirmation of when I will have a working Telephone line in my shop, I chose plusnet over BT because of the costs involved but this is starting to look like a poor decision.
The lack of constructive communication is astounding, my concern is that should I ever face issues once my service has been provided can I look forward to abysmal Customer Services?
So there we have it, am I a plusnet customer or not, the answer is being elusive.

4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Going round in circles!

Their supplier is BT Wholesale.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi almamor,
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've highlighted above. We really should be doing more to keep you updated and in the loop of what's going on. When there are delays to orders, things can get tricky and unfortunately it can be all too easy to assume that the customer knows what's going on - for this, I'm really sorry.
I've had a chat with the Business Team and arranged for a call to be made to you to explain what's happening regarding your order and to explain what the next steps are and we will set your expectations accordingly. We'll be in touch shortly and we'll get you up to date.
almamor

Thank you for your response Chris, your team (PlusNet & BT) have indeed been in touch with me if only to confirm yet further delays!
Neither BT or PlusNet can decide whether there is an existing line at my property even though the previous proprietor of the shop confirms that he had a working phone line for more than 30 years, a visit will be required which I have been told will take 21 days to arrange.
This by my calculations will mean that I still do not have access to a working telephone 33 days after placing an order, I am fully aware of the technical details involved in a new installation, however, BT's website claim a new installation within 15 days, Virgin Media can do it in 10, in fact, it took less time to prepare a Space Shuttle launch into orbit.
PlusNet have around 750.000 customers, BT has over 10.000.000 yet have the resources to install a phone line within 15 days, I honestly do not understand the reasons for such a delay, we are talking about an Engineer jumping into a van with his toolbox and connecting a phone line.
At my home address an Engineer was able to span a new line from a telegraph pole and into my house within 30 minutes, long may the waiting game continue.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I can see that you've got an engineers visit booked in for 17/03/2014 - AM slot to get both services up and running for you.
I apologise for the time it's taken, we're doing everything we can to get things up and running for you as quickly as possible.