cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre for business - when?

rascom
Grafter

Fibre for business - when?

We have a number of business customers in our local area, including ourselves many of whom are starting to enquire about Fibre broadband now that our exchange has been enabled.
We already know that BT can provide fibre to many of these customers yet PN still seem to be unable to - why is this as surely if BT can do it then PN should be able to.  We risk losing the ADSL business of our customers if PN cannot bring these products to the table.  Likewise for ourselves, as an IT support copany we need fast, reliable Internet and will be able to get Fibre in a few months yet stil PN have no fibre offerings for businesses.
6 REPLIES 6
snubbsy

Re: Fibre for business - when?

Hi Rascom,
I appreciate the issues that you highlight with regard to Fibre availability. Whilst we have not yet rolled out any Business Fibre packages, I am pleased to advise that we are running an open Fibre-to-the-Cabinet (FTTC) trial for our business customers.
There are a few requirements for this, terms & conditions and an additional fee (currently £10+VAT per month), however at present there are no installation fees applicable.
If you or any of the business customers you work with are interested in joining the Plusnet Business Fibre Trial, you can do so by visiting http://trials.plus.net (select the "Business Only" trial) - full terms & conditions and additional details about the trial are available on this page.
Please bear in mind that at the moment we do not currently have stock of FTTC compatible routers (we expect new stock in around 2 weeks) as such if you want the fibre installation ASAP, please confirm in your application ticket that you are able to supply your own FTTC compatible router.
Further to this, if you are interested in the 80/20 FTTC Business Trial, we do not supply a router for this trial, as such if you are interested in this trial, please mention that you are able to supply your own FTTC compatible router - we recommend ensuring your router is capable of high throughput (e.g. Netgear WNR3500) to benefit from the 80/20 trial speeds.

We now have stock of FTTC compatible routers. We are currently supplying Technicolor 582n routers with Fibre specific firmware for both 80/20 & 40/10 trials.
With regard to Business Fibre Packages, unfortunately we do not have information or timescale available for this yet, but I can confirm that this is something we are working on.
Best Regards,
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

The problem word is "trial".
The Internet access is an essential link to the outside world for SME businesses. It should work reliably without the need to tinker and change configurations during a "trial".  It implies we might have to dedicate resources to take part in the trial. We also have concerns about when calling the Help Desk we a met met with the words "it's only a trial service..."
It would be much more useful if you could provide a substantive date when the services would be available.
Edit 28th June: News on BT FTTP I guess PN might be able to do something in 2013
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
snubbsy

Hi AlaricAdair,
Thank you for your feedback with regard to this. At the moment, our Fibre product is still in trial status, as we have yet to finalise our faults process for Fibre lines.
Sometimes Fibre faults can be diagnosed and resolved quicker than ADSL(2+) faults as it can be easier to find where the problem lies, however the fact that there have been a low amount of  Fibre faults has meant that the exposure to these is low, therefore the number of agents who are experienced with these faults is lower than we would look for when offering a fully available & announced product.
Typical fault lead-times still apply to our Fibre trial (on average faults are resolved within 4.4 days, with a target of 7).
We will be making a full Fibre product at some point, but as yet cannot commit to a release date.
Best Regards,
snubbsy

Just a note to say I've updated my first post with regard to router availability:
We now have stock of FTTC compatible routers. We are currently supplying Technicolor 582n routers with Fibre specific firmware for both 80/20 & 40/10 trials.
Ronski
Rising Star

Sorry to revive an old thread, but 8 months on I still can't see any official fibre products and pricing for businesses  Sad
Our current business ISP still does not have a fibre product, and your's still appears to be in trial (still  Huh ) with no advertised pricing apart from whats in the posts above.
lsimister
Dabbler

Hi Ronski,
I'm afraid I'm not in a position to disclose much more than snubbsy has already addressed thus far.
Fibre is without a doubt part of our upcoming product refresh, but I cannot confirm anything in terms of a date for commercial reasons.
I've made a note to update the community once we have firm information that I'm in a position to share publicly  Smiley