cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre and VOIP

Mike2021

Fibre and VOIP

I am considering switching from Business Broadband and phone to Business unlimited fibre broadband and phone. There is an offer of £21 p.m. which is cheaper than my existing 2 year contract. Would I be able to switch and get the better price? 

The reason for upgrading is to enable having VOIP phone services with multiple numbers and other features. Is there any potential problem with that option?

I also may need to use video services to demonstrate products to customers.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Fibre and VOIP

@Mike2021 wrote:

I am considering switching from Business Broadband and phone to Business unlimited fibre broadband and phone. There is an offer of £21 p.m. which is cheaper than my existing 2 year contract. Would I be able to switch and get the better price? 

If you’ve been offered that as an existing customer yes, otherwise you’d be best calling the business customer options team on 0800 013 2632

@Mike2021 wrote:

The reason for upgrading is to enable having VOIP phone services with multiple numbers and other features. Is there any potential problem with that option?

Plusnet don’t offer VOIP as a service but if you buy that from another provider you should be able to use it fine on a Plusnet broadband connection. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Mike2021 we run a voip pbx in the office with 10 DID numbers using an FTTC connection (not Plusnet). To some extent low latency and jitter is more important than raw speed. We do have a separate FTTC line for general internet traffic so it is kept away from the voip connection. In an emergency the pbx can also be moved to that line as a backup. If you would like info on who we use for the voip supplier then feel free to drop me a PM

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mike2021

Thanks for your response Thrall. I was put off trying to contact customer services when the chat bot said they were very busy and directed me here before I could ask my question on chat. I will give the number supplied a go.

Mike2021

Thanks MisterW. Will send a PM.

Mike2021

I got through to Customer services relatively quickly on my second try and they confirmed the offer is available to me.