cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Broadband...

atbs1
Grafter

Faster Broadband...

I've learned that my exchange in Beccles, is in line for upgrade to the faster ADSL(2?) next Autumn. Whilst I'm not holding my breath in the meantime - what is the process to go through to be able to (eventually) use this service please?
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Faster Broadband...

Plusnet are progressively moving users onto 21CN as exchanges get enabled. However if you want to speed up the change you can raise a ticket to request it once your exchange is live.
David
atbs1
Grafter

Thanks spraxyt
rdowns
Grafter

Hi - FYI, had a client with 2 business lines on an ancient 0.5Mb ADSL1 service (would not sync at 1Mb) showing over 60dB loss and upload speed dropping to 96kb at times.  Pursuaded PN support to regrade them (one at a time) to ADSL 2 and they now have 1200Kb download and 448Kb upload and better stability.
Note that they use Netgear DG834 V4 routers as these are better than the V2 and V3 on their very long line.
Plusnet support was very reluctant to regrade the end user given the line length but it worked well on both lines.
taras
Grafter

Hi I'm on the old "PlusNet Small Business Premier up to 8Mb "
My exchange is due for upgrade to adsl2+ at the 31/12/11.
If i asked for transfer over to wbc how it affect the old package downstream and upstream or would i need to go over to option 3 ?