cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - Can my connection be moved to a closer cabinet.

dotbill

FTTC - Can my connection be moved to a closer cabinet.

Hi there,

I hate to jump on the back of someone elses thread however I have the exact same problem - the group of 9 houses (same number as you!) connect to a pole that goes 4000 metres up the road to the exchange whereas the rest of the road / village go to the cabinet about 500 metres away. I imagine the pole I'm served from was missed off when the new FTTC cab was put in our village?

Plusnet - any chance that a similar request could be put in for me? Happy to start a new thread, etc? It would make FTTC possible and solve the rubbish ADSL problem!

Thanks

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title after splitting post to its own thread.

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: FTTC - Can my connection be moved to a closer cabinet.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@dotbill Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately in your case as you're connected directly to the exchange there's very little we can do to get Openreach to make any changes.

It may be worth contacting them directly to see if there's anything they can do

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dotbill

Thanks @MatthewWheeler - I'll give that a go..

One other thing - it looks like I've been moved to a cabinet rather than being EO (looks like this has happened in the last week or two).. the cabinet is still around 4km away - does that change anything re requests to Openreach? Since there is a cab many many times closer, it'd make FTTC possible

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you advise what makes you think that's been done as we from what we can see your line is still exchange only.

I'd be very surprised if they moved your line to a cabinet that far away as you'd be better off being moved to the closer cabinet. Having said that these things unfortunately cost quite a bit of cash and if you're not covered by your local councils superfast roll-out programme than there might not be anything that can be done

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dotbill

Thanks @MatthewWheeler - I did a check using the Openreach checker ( https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker ) using my address rather than the phone number.. It suggests that they are moving EO lines over to a cabinet still in the same town as the exchange rather than looking at the line length. Obviously I don't want to post my address publicly - I imagine you should be able to see that from my account? It's been suggested that it can take a while for records to get updated hence the number search giving a different result? I searched for other houses in the same postcode and it showed different results whereas over a month ago, everything showed EO.

I'm getting the feeling that although I'd be happy to fund it, unless Openreach decide they want to do it without being asked - it's just not going to happen?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us.

It may be that the records are still updating but it's hard to tell for sure.

If you go through the form here you should be able to get in touch with the relevant team

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team