cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalation issue regarding Question #44534224

Loombucket
Grafter

Escalation issue regarding Question #44534224

Could someone please contact me regarding Question #44534224 - the customer is tearing his remaining hair out and whilst the Business Support operative is doing his best to resolve it there is an issue regarding Enhanced Care that I cannot get resolved and have been prevented from escalating.
I don't want to discuss details on a public forum (yet!) but need to get to the bottom of the issue urgently.  Help from a Plusnet person would be much appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Escalation issue regarding Question #44534224

Hi,
I am aware of the call this morning, as I sit with Andy who you have spoken to.
Per the advise that Andy offered, the case has indeed been escalated, so I am unsure why you feel this was not the case.
In regards to the case, we have advised that this is not Enhanced Care and that the request for Enhanced Care will be fulfilled once the fault is resolved. This cannot be added whilst a fault is open and can only apply to future faults.
We have been unable to conclude when the request for Enhanced Care was made, which was also advised in the call, so cannot advise why this has not been enabled (although far from saying it, we don't know if it was only added just prior to the call, right through to two years ago).
The case is being handled correctly and Andy has followed up correctly as her agreed to so, including the escalation as agreed and complaints into Openreach just to a failed appointment, despite receipt of confirmation.
Loombucket
Grafter

Re: Escalation issue regarding Question #44534224

Hi.
Thanks for responding.  The reason for the request for help was not in any way a complaint against Andy - my main concern was that he gave me the impression that he was either unwilling or unable to escalate my main issue, which was the fact that Enhanced Care had not been added to the account despite the fact that it was selected on the portal (by me) when the account was opened two years ago.  Both I and the customer have therefore been under the impression that it was indeed active and had been ever since and it came as quite a shock to discover that this was not the case.
Andy's comment that the customer had only to look at his monthly billing to see that he was not being charged for it is of course valid but the bills go directly to his Accounts department (without him seeing them) who have never had occasion to query anything.  The call was ended with no indication that the issue would be investigated, hence my request to find out what had gone wrong as for all I know other customers of mine may be under the same mistaken impression.
The relevant screen on the portal is still showing "Activation in progress" and has obviously been showing this for the whole of the two years since it was selected.
The one thing that I do bitterly resent is the implication that it had only just been selected to be added to the account, as if this was a sneaky attempt to apply Enhanced Care to the current issue.  Frankly I find this insulting and offensive as the only reason I requested investigation of this issue was the fact that the Enhanced Care request had been made so long ago and had never been acted upon for whatever reason (I assume it is/was due to a problem with the portal at the time, which may still be in existence) by Plusnet.
Andy's subsequent phone call to me - informing me that the issue was in fact being investigated - came as a pleasant surprise as I had been left with the impression that this was not going to be looked into.
I hope that this will soon be resolved, as otherwise I will have to re-check every customer's account to see if in fact Enhanced Care has actually been applied when requested - a time-consuming task that could be embarrassing for Plusnet if other instances are found and the customers notified.
I would also like to add that the current long-running ADSL connection is obviously a pure BT problem and that both I and the customer understand that Plusnet have handled it in the most efficient way possible.  I hope that the "lift and shift" currently under way will finally resolve it, as the customer's business has suffered badly over a long period because of it.