Enhanced Care

LiamM
Grafter

Enhanced Care

From the thread here :-
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,61537.0.html
and Matt's Blog here :-
http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/02/20/enhanced-care-for-business-customers/
Good news, but neither explain actually how you enable / request it?
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Enhanced Care

It can be requested via ticket or through the portal IIRC. I'll get a screenshot of the portal page added to the blog.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
LiamM
Grafter

Okay, so I found the button in "account details" on the portal.  But I get this :-
"There has been an error: There is active Modify Order
Enhanced Care Status: Not active"

Now, I know what it means (not sure why it is there, though?)  But even so, its not exactly a very user-friendly error message?
LiamM
Grafter

Just a quick question (again - sorry!) but is there any reason the FAQ says enhanced care is "£9.99 inc VAT" where all other business services show prices ex.VAT?
grimme
Grafter

I have  a couple of questions regarding this:
On the second link, there's an addenda saying that it's had to be postponed, but no mention that it's been given the go-ahead!
Secondly, (and this is the main reason we're not going ahead with it) if the fault gets reported to BT, in order to get the Enhanced care, there has to be someone in the office 24/7 who can deal with BT, if not it gets dropped back to Standard Care.
In a small office where there is only 1 nominated IT representative and possible access problems out of office hours arising with office premises within larger buildings, 24/7 is not an option.
Why make it 24/7 for Business Customers - who in the most part would not be living in their offices?
Mark
Grafter

Why make it 24/7 for Business Customers - who in the most part would not be living in their offices?

Because Enhanced Care offers a 20 hour fix and the clock starts from the minute you raise the fault. It defeats the purpose of trying to resolve a potentially Business critical system failure if the engineer can't gain access to effect the fix.
I fully understand your point and I know there are others in the same situation but Enhanced Care is what it is and we cannot dilute its value by extending the fix time.
Ultimately if a fault is mission critical, just in the same way as a server crash or disk pack failure would be mission critical to most businesses, the stops are pulled out to get it fixed as soon as humanly possible.
Finally enhanced Care is available as a product offering as per our business product pages here Link

grimme
Grafter

Thanks for that, It just never occured to me that there would be a possibility of a BT engineer turning up at the office at, say, 2am to fix a Broadband problem.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Been there, done that - well let them in as the customer. Cheesy
(But we were at the head office of a worldwide business with VPN connections over t'internet.)