Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreading premises move

mssystems
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Dreading premises move

We are due to move premises to a larger unit at the end of the month and my secretary is absolutely dreading trying to organise the broad band provision with Plus.net.  The 'complication,' that should not be complicated for an internet company, is the public subnet we use to authenticate our remote access to many of our customer's sites and equipment.

We last moved premises from a home office about 4 years ago.  The outcome of that was we kept the subnet but ended up with a residential PN account being invoiced to our business address and our PN business account being invoiced to our home address.  We have tried to sort out the addresses with PN several times but promises for the right person to call back are never honoured and there are only so many hours we can afford staff to sit on hold waiting for PN to answer.

What I would like to happen:

1. Line readied in new premises ahead of our move.

2. Shift our existing business account / subnet / referals when we are ready to move.

3. Discontinue service at the old premises.

4. Sort out the billing addresses (finally).

Anyone at PN prepared to help?

4 REPLIES 4
mssystems
Aspiring Pro

Re: Dreading premises move

Hour and a half on the phone to PN this morning and still no closer to ordering a line ready to move our business account to new premises.

Apparently correcting an invoice address and CLI number is above the pay grade of the two operators we spoke to this morning.  The call ended with yet another promise a PN Business Team manager would call back, Rachel apparently.  Needless to say the lovely Rachel appears to have better things to do than try to help a long standing PN customer with a pressing corner case.

Oh well.  If we don't get a line installed and our subnet moved my business will be dead in the water and I will have plenty of time to write complaints to Ofcom and my local MP.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @mssystems 

Sorry for the issues. I just tried to call you to discuss this but there was no answer.

Could you drop me a PM with the best contact number to get you on?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mssystems
Aspiring Pro

I can not thank you enough for taking an interest Gandalf.  I will send you a pm with our office/workshop number.  Can you please call tomorrow morning as it's been a long day, since we came in early to ring PN.

Pretty sure you will have tried to call the number for mssystems, which is my home number and I am currently in the office - A demonstration of the account details mixup we need to sort out.  The other account you need to know about is 'emscom.'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @mssystems 

No problem. I tried to call the landline we're supplying broadband on (for your home it seems) as well as a mobile number we have listed. Got your PM just now and the number to call. 

I start my shift at 11:30 in the morning this week so I've made a note to call you back around then tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet