cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't update the Help Assistant

SimonA

Don't update the Help Assistant

We have a line drop issue that has been going on since FEB 5th. Support has been good and bad at times The biggest problem is the time it takes for PlusNet to progress a fault to conclusion, caused primarily by the long delays between logical steps, and for a business that's just not good enough, so as a long-time loyal customer, I'm sad to say that we will soon be leaving.
The title of this post? Well, support just told me that because I just updated the issue tracker with some (relevant) information, it causes the system to move us down the support response queue! How about that?
Si.

8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Don't update the Help Assistant

@SimonA
Really sorry that this is taking so long to get fixed.  I'm going to pick the issue up now and see what I can do to expedite things.
I'm sorry to hear that you might be leaving due to this too by the way, that's not something I can't help facilitate so that would be a quick call to business support on 0800 028 0282.
it causes the system to move us down the support response queue! How about that?

That is true and whereas I'm sure you were told this with the best intentions it certainly doesn't sound great and it is something we hope to change in the future.
Please look out for a reply to ticket 80888601 soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

From four years ago:
Quote from: Ben
Please hold off updating the ticket as this pushed it to the back of the queue. Someone from the Faults Team will be in touch in due course.

Quote from: pierre_pierre
is that statement about the queue correct as it has been denied in the past

Quote from: Ben
Yes it is. Some essential changes to our ticketing system now mean that customer updates are treated the same as a staff update and push it to the back of the queue. We are unable to provide a 'quick fix' and this will be addressed by a re-write of our ticketing system to come at some point in the future.
We appreciate that this is far from ideal and have put in measures on our side to catch any tickets constantly pushed to the back of the queue.

Perhaps in another four years time they might have actually done something about this nonsense!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I thought that issue was fixed some years ago?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So did we all - but it's cropped up a few times recently.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
SimonA

@_Adam_Walker_
Thanks for the call Adam, and for arranging the engineer visit, and for updating the help assistant (I won't reply or post there any more for obvious reasons!)
I'm sorry to hear that you might be leaving due to this too by the way, that's not something I can't help facilitate so that would be a quick call to business support on 0800 028 0282.
[re dropping down support queue ] That is true and whereas I'm sure you were told this with the best intentions it certainly doesn't sound great and it is something we hope to change in the future.

I make a lot of allowance for due process, but with the connection down, delayed support response, and being told about the help assistant queue design error, I was left seething last night. Leaving is not my priority (although that's not a company-wide opinion) but getting this fault sorted out certainly is. Read on...
This ongoing problem has highlighted our reliance on 24-hour connectivity and very real business risk, as such we had another line and BB installation completed this week, despite the possibility of REIN (if that's the problem) affecting both connections. So far the new connection has been fine and our firewall is happily switching traffic to that most of the time now, and I'm pretty sure the copper is all going the same way. So, apart from the expenditure on a bad connection, the pressure is off. I like the resilience two providers can add. So the upshot is that If you can sort this problem in a timely manner then we are not going anywhere. Good luck!
Best regards,
Si.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just letting you know I've replied to your ticket, glad to see this appears to be fixed now!  Grin
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: jelv
So did we all - but it's cropped up a few times recently.

Is this hearsay or an actual reported new problem? I've not seen anything on the internal problem tracker (not that I've looked hard, mind...)
SimonA

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Just letting you know I've replied to your ticket, glad to see this appears to be fixed now!  Grin

Indeed. A switch of copper on the cab-to-exchange side seems to have sorted the problem. Thanks for all your help.