cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Name Transfer.

ceair

Domain Name Transfer.

Hi. Plusnet started a transfer of our Domain today, and now the domain is missing from the plusnet portal and the domain seems to be in limbo. Whois still shows FORCE9 We're getting no response from the the business support team who are saying our new domain hosts need to accept the domain transfer. However we've transferred several others today that took no longer than 30 minutes from start to finish! Why is Plusnet taking so long to transfer domains? Are their systems really that slow? I hear @Chris is a wizard with this sort of issue, can someone please help us here? Kind Regards Stuart.
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
ceair

Re: Domain Name Transfer.

Anyone?

This is getting ridiculous!

Registrar:
Plusnet Plc t/a Plusnet PLC [Tag = FORCE9]
URL: http://www.plus.net

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 15-Oct-2002
Expiry date: 15-Oct-2019
Last updated: 05-Oct-2018

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns1.force9.net
ns1.plusnet.co.uk 195.166.128.17
ns2.force9.net
ns2.plusnet.co.uk 212.159.13.150

WHOIS lookup made at 08:46:49 16-May-2019

ceair

I understand that someone named @bobpullen may be able to help me?

ceair

THIS IS RIDICULOUS! So now I've been on hold and passed to the same person who can't help me 3 times! To top it off, we've now got no email as someone has obviously changed something but NOT the IPS tag as requested. Utterly incompetent on a whole new level. An entire companies email systems are now offline because of this.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @ceair, I'm sorry to hear the domain transfer looks to have taken longer than you would have liked. I can confirm however when checking WHOIS for the domain, the IPS tag looks to have now been updated. If there's anything else we can help you with moving forwards please do let us know.

tbeglin

I too am having the same issues.

It seems a simple IPSTAG change is beyond the support team.

Request was made on the 12th of June and still no response.

ceair

In all honesty you are best calling them up, BUT, be prepared for a monumental wait on the phone.

I had a truly awful experience, when after their first attempt at changing my IPSTAG they managed to remove my domain completely from the DNS and I lost all emails for over 24 hours, superb for a just in time operating business.

My last call to get this sorted took over 2 hours, and even then (this is not joking) I spoke to the very same person 5 times, who kept informing me that she unfortunately couldn't help as she wasn't part of that team and wasn't trained to make the change. Every time she put me through to the correct team, it was evident that they were on lunch, or on the toilet, or outside having a vape, because the round robin phone line kept going back to her. Finally managed to find a chap to help who informed me that his "network" team hadn't followed protocol and had made a change which had effectively shut my domain down.

I refused to hang up until they had made the changes for me on the phone. Disgraceful service really.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @tbeglin, welcome to the forum.

I am sorry for the time it took to get back to you with an update. I have updated the open ticket on your account regarding your query, please click here to view my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
tbeglin

Thanks for your reply

But you might want to get your support team to read the instructions I posted.

They have used the wrong domain spelling...!

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @tbeglin 

I am sorry for the mistake and I have taken the necessary steps to get this rectified.

I have escalated back to the relevant team to look into the domain transfer again.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team