cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have static IP or not?

oliverb
Grafter

Do I have static IP or not?

Just looking into some odd remote access behavior and I notice that on the business account the "Static IP" button appears twice, the first time is at the end of the top row and it says the IP is dynamic, on the second row it says the IP is static. I'd always taken the address to be static, even my home one which is currently said to be dynamic hasn't shown any sign of moving.
I can't prove it till I get into work but circumstantially the work router does not appear to be at the given IP
3 REPLIES 3
avatastic
Grafter

Re: Do I have static IP or not?

I used to have two static IP icons in my control panel on my residential account, a raised ticket removed the extra one.
As for not being able to reach the router at its expected IP, it is likely that the routers management pages aren't available on the WAN interface for security.
I'd probably ask this question again in a ticket if no-one from plusnet replies soon.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
oliverb
Grafter

Confirmed, the IP hasn't moved, and I take your point about the router only being accessable from the LAN side. I don't know if a Draytek would respond to PING by default but what I do know is I've suddenly lost ALL VPN functionality. Even PPTP stopped working.
Update, its all suddenly sprung to life. For the record I never knew windows XP would let you daisy-chain PPTP sessions, crazy but usefull for testing.
prichardson
Grafter

The two IP icons are related to an internal component of your account not being removed. The static IP takes priority over the dynamic one in the setup and is never used unless you revert back to dynamic.
I have removed this for you.