Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion of the new business products

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Discussion of the new business products

Couple of questions, I'm on the the teleworker package at present with 2 gig allowance.
If I swap to option 1 will I keep my fax to email and voip number?
Do I get a free wireless router, I'm on payg at the moment and took the free 1 port rubbish thing?
I have my business .co.uk  web site currently hosted on my PN personal account due to not having it free with teleworker (go figure) will I now be able to swap this over for free?
Finally may sound stupid but are the advertised prices inclusive of vat?
James
Grafter

Minimum contract length of 12 months applies. Prices displayed are exclusive of VAT.

Smiley
You will be able to keep all of your existing services, so don't worry about losing your webspace or email addresses.  We should be able to sort you out with a wireless router Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Err...
From his post it looks like he hasn't got existing webspace - his website is on his personal (not business) account. He was asking if he would be able to move the website to be hosted on the account to which it really belongs.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

The existing components on the account should be kept, so the charging should remain the same.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: AverageWhiteBloke
I have my business .co.uk  web site currently hosted on my PN personal account due to not having it free with teleworker (go figure) will I now be able to swap this over for free?

As you currently don't have free hosting I think the answer is no as it's not an existing service to transfer across.
I did try to get a straight answer for you!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I did try to get a straight answer for you!

Grin Thanks jelv
I asked about the pricing because on the change product page it says existing £15.65 which is  vat inclusive and upgrading to £18.40 which I take is exclusive resulting in it being £21.16 for 12m contract, bit confusing.
I do find things pretty weird with PN's business products, I'm just an average punter with both business and a personal connections. I often find that swapping over a couple of things would dramatically change the products. For instance on my pro gamer package intended for gaming where ping times are king I need to raise a ticket to knock off interleaving but in my business package theres a link from the member centre  Huh I can't for the life of me work out anywhere in my business use that switching to fast track would be beneficial.
On my residential product I can check in detail my usage which TBH I'm not that fussed about but not on the teleworker which would be really handy. Another being this website issue, business option 1 I guess is tailored for someone working from home or a small office network somewhere. Surely a web site has got to be fundamental to the package? It makes me wonder how many residential people have a free co.uk hosted that they don't even use and the business user has to pay for one. I myself have two on my personal account which I have to use to host my business site which isn't ideal.
The business refresh has improved a lot regarding usage but I think 1 co.uk site should be entry level minimum and a couple of small changes would make a big difference
mal0z
Grafter

I agree web space might be a useful service for a business account - but not the "free web hosting 2 of private accounts - as unless I am mistaken - there is no service level agreeemnt that is desirable for a web site that will be fundamental to a business. But personally - i don't think a "free" web hosting should be included in the basic business product - as many of those will be used by people who don't want web space so why should they subsidence those that do need it.
When I set up non-professional - but society web sites - I was strongly advised not to use "free" ISP web space and they didn't have sufficient back-up - traffic limits etc.
And lets face it - most businesses can afford a proper web hosting package at about £60 - £200 per year depending on requirements.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

i don't think a "free" web hosting should be included in the basic business product - as many of those will be used by people who don't want web space so why should they subsidence those that do need it.

Thats exactly my point with residential accounts, I'd imagine with things like facebook etc and other ready made type sites unless people are in an association, club or possibly wanting a clan that theres a lot of people out there with a free.co.uk with PN thats not being used. Am I subsidising those customers?
I have two with my pro-package, one when I signed up and another as compensation from PN when I had to give up something on my package, I can't remember what it was for but luckily I could use this for my company site.
I agree that isp free space doesn't have a lot of traffic limit but I'm thinking about the point of view of a one man band or small number of employees who just wants a web presence.
When deciding which company to use for my business broadband there was very little between the options, I eventually opted for PN teleworker a bit weary of the usage based on the facts of reliability of my residential account and I already has some web space. Perhaps if I was new to PN and not aware of line reliabilty I wouldn't have made that same decision  Undecided  I do know though that offering a co.uk web site would definitely have sealed it for me.

And lets face it - most businesses can afford a proper web hosting package at about £60 - £200 per year depending on requirements.

A small business might not be aware of these options or understand them, especially in the times of counting pennies, I think the addition of some web space for these customers would be tempting to someone thinking of starting there own business which is surely what this package is aimed at and would set the package out from the rest in a very tight market.

AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I can't for the life of me work out anywhere in my business use that switching to fast track would be beneficial.

I stand corrected on that just learning about VOIP  Embarrassed
maccoylton
Grafter

I notice this product has changed somewhat in the last few months, the restriction on no HD streaming seems to have been  relaxed. Making this more attractive.  Maybe a bit of an assumption on my part, but it's good to see to folks are listening to concerns and feedback
Cheers
Dave