cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS settings for PN hosted domain

unlokq

DNS settings for PN hosted domain

I have transferred in thye domain unlokq.co.uk, but since the DNS configuration console is noddified I am struggling to work out how to set up a naked domain to point to a PN hosted site located in webspace in a folder under htdocs. I see the following 3 options

1. @ IN A <some IP addy> ----but what is the IP I should use (site is on PN hmepages)

2. unlokq.co.uk. IN CNAME <some PN name> --- is this homepages.plus.net? If so how does it reference the subfolder?

3. unlokq.co.uk. IN A <some Ip addy> --- see 1

Or maybe the default settings suffice. Who knows? Perhaps @bobpullen?Huh

What is the recommended approach within plusnet? and how long does propogation usually take?

Regards, C

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: DNS settings for PN hosted domain

If you've transferred the domain into us, you should have a hosting directory option? If the domain is not hosted with us, i.e. the NS servers are pointing somewhere else, then we don't facilitate hosting the domain using DNS/A records.

Does that help?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

unlokq

The fact that the nameservers were not moved over was apparently an oversight during the transfer in. They are now the correct PN ones. The question still remains
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

You can point your domain to a folder under htdocs via the domain configuration options in the Member Centre here:

domain-config.JPG

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵