cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISGRACEFUL SERVICE (existing customerof 3 years)

annthomasltd
Rising Star

DISGRACEFUL SERVICE (existing customerof 3 years)

Rang Tues to arrange change of address. Told cannot process due to "cease on line" notification on system, showing no dates/period of notification, no other option offered.Took it upon ourselves to contact landlord, who contacted BT and then rang back stating "not told us a problem, you can ring yourself". Visited new address to check available phone sockets and gather any other info, sockets in place all BT branded and operable when plugged in a phone, though line is dead from last tenant leaving some months ago. Rang Plusnet again tues PM to update & discuss options, to be told "doesn't look like a prob looking at system now, let's process it". Then told £60 charge to re-connect, then whilst paying was told "actually as an existing customer you don't need to pay", hurrah! continued to process even though the new install address was repeated back to me incorrectly, corrected and job done !!?Huh

Received a call Weds AM from Plusnet..."we seem to have processed your notes onto somebody elses account, can we go through and confirm", yes, we're all human I informed and went through the process again. Then told as we don't have a contract with Plusnet we would have to agree to 12 month contract or pay £60. I informed we do have a contract as we receive a service and pay every month on time..."yeah but not this type of contract which we MUST do to continue". I asked them to "DO US PROUD" and after the performance yesterday/today, and as a loyal customer of 3 years with obviously no intention of going elsewhere, waive the fee and stop me thinking we might as well go elsewhere and pay £60 for installation from a better supplier. Was told teamleader on lunch but would review recorded calls, assess my request, and call me back. They called twice but missed me at the toilet or something.

Thurs AM, no contact. 12PM I contact for an update to be told teamleader has assessed and states that £60 fee can only be waived if we agree to sign a 24 MONTH CONTRACT. I advised that they have in fact assessed the situation and decided to see if they could make me a little more irate than I previously was by now changing the directive from 12 months to double that, and that my experience has led me to assess that Plusnet are currently understaffed, disorganised, and offering a very poor service. I stated that I would like the situation "ESCALATED" to a team leader review, but this time convince me that all the calls last 2 days with Plusnet would be listened to again, understand that this should have taken one call on Tues, it's now Thurs PM and nobody can confirm that any booking of technicians nor paperwork, nor any physical action(s) has been started in response to our origional request. I stated that as a service being business to business, Yorkshire Company to Yorkshire Company, with statements of outstanding customer service, they are failing in this instance. Again I asked them to "DO US PROUD", and come back to me as a matter of urgency with any communication/directive/good will gesture that they see fit. I was told that I would receive a call back within 4 hours.

I will repost with any updates as they happen. Any advice from anywhere?...other than quit/do one/etc. I know I am not really after advice, though it is appreciated, and that I am voicing a complaint in this instance, but I do feel that anybody experiencing similiar service should speak up, there may be hundreds of us?? and also that any prospective customers may be interested if they're looking. 

EDIT: 2.55PM Just called back, had listened to previous calls, did accept there has been confusing responses by them over the course, did point out that after 1st call they had phoned a mobile contact number & left a msg stating their initial response had been incorrect and they could then proceed with the new installation. This msg I have not received, though my colleague HAD. They also accepted that errors had been made by them after this, when I called them back, so a bit of "[-Censored-] for tat" there. An apology was accepted and the offer of a 12 month contract with no installation fee was accepted. This was accepted as we require action promptly, and we cannot delay any further. This was accepted by ourselves on Tues PM origionally....It's now Thurs PM...same circumstances....same agreement......no real good will gesture....but we got there....this will affect our decision on supply in 12 months time.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: DISGRACEFUL SERVICE (existing customerof 3 years)

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems and concerns you have with your change of address.

Unfortunately as part of a house move we do either ask for the costs to be paid up front or a contract extended to cover these as we get charged at a wholesale level for them.

I understand that a Business Team Leader is now dealing with this, so I'll leave it in his capable hands and I hope he can come to a resolution with you on this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
annthomasltd
Rising Star

Re: DISGRACEFUL SERVICE (existing customerof 3 years)

Update = Plusnet/BT have now completed the change of address/installation at the new address. It would now appear to be case closed as far as Plusnet are concerned. This shows a clear misunderstanding by Plusnet in the Business Environment and of a "repeat business sector". If you quote "We'll do you proud" , but in dealing with existing loyal and hopefully repeat business customers, actually MISS the last word of that statement then you leave your existing customers feeling DONE. 

It appears that Plusnet, when first coming into existence, did want to provide "extra", and provide service that lived upto expectations instead of the usual call centre procedural dispensative rhetoric. But alas, being taken over/bought out by a bigger monster comes with.......cost cutting, working in line with parent company policies(profit profit profit), and guess what....call centre procedural dispensative rhetoric.....with no real thought of customer care going forward.

If you can't live up to your strapline from previous days, remove it.