cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service for business is non-existent

CodeBusters
Grafter

Customer service for business is non-existent

Just tried the telephone troubleshooter to report a noisy line with crackling and high pitched squealing which falls over while testing with the message...

"Oops, something seems to have gone wrong It looks like something has gone wrong. Our award-winning support team are here to help. Call us ..."  

I then try to phone the Award-winning team. HA HA HA HA HA. What a laugh. I don't know what the award is for (if it even exists) but it does not involve picking up a ringing telephone from a business user. After 15 minutes on hold I got a call from a customer which meant I had to stop.

The customer support stats make interesting reading, see this screen capture...

ScreenShot00256.jpg

Why have business support options if you can't provide it?

7 REPLIES 7
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Re: Customer service for business is non-existent

Hi Codebusters, I've ran a test of your line but found no fault, This doesn't mean that there is no fault as your line is noisy. I've raised a ticket on your account with a few checks you could do to resolve the problem. If you would like an engineers appointment then you need to reply to the ticket I have sent.

CodeBusters
Grafter

@TonyMC Thanks very much, you tested the line while I was on a call, which disconnected me.

A quick call to say "we are going to test the line" would be good for business users.

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I had an international team for IT Infrastructure support, including help desks. I expected calls to be answered in less than 30 seconds or I'd dock the bonus of the managers. Any call in the queue for longer than 5 minutes would roll over to the managers phones including my mobile phone at any time of day. I took, and dealt with client calls on a few occasions under this scheme. You can rest assured the managers working for me knew I'd had to action calls.

I had a 20 minute wait on PN business support yesterday, this has been going on for the past few years and has been tolerated by PN management as suitable for business clients. It is why I've moved any primary connection away.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
CodeBusters
Grafter

PNet customer service at the beginning of the year took a couple of minutes to answer business calls which was OK compared to other so-called UK providers with overseas call centres. Now as the screen capture in the first post shows, business users are second class, what a way to run a business.

This noise problem has been ongoing since the end of January 2017 and has had 10 engineer visits and 1 missed appointment so far...

Engineer No. 11 should surface tomorrow morning if i'm lucky.

But the really annoying part is that over half of the engineers have said there is a problem with the underground cabling but don't mention that in their notes, so nothing gets really sorted and the problem reappears within days.

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi , I am sorry that your having trouble getting through to the business team, can I check you have the right number for them: 0800 028 0282                                        

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Codebusters, I am sorry, was completely unaware that you were using the line at the exact moment I was testing it, I was testing it to try & get to the bottom of your issue, Please accept my apologies.

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

@TonyMC wrote:

... can I check you have the right number for them: 0800 028 0282                                        

Thanks for the concern. I had no problem with the number, just a problem about how long it took for someone to answer the call.  It can easily be solved by good management practice and flexible resourcing.

From my viewpoint it is unlikely to be a future problem of my concern as I've now moved/in the process of moving all business subscriptions away from Plusnet. Though as a BT shareholder I am concerned.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.