cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Broadband account but keeping Domain Name with Plusnet.

grimme1

Closing Broadband account but keeping Domain Name with Plusnet.

We have recently moved offices and upgraded to a leased line with BT, but have kept the old ADSL line going in the old office while notice period runs. Our Domain Name auto renewed in January for 2 years with PlusNet and would like to keep this with PlusNet.

How do we go about downgrading our PlusNet account to a Domain only one and how much would the new monthly fee be?

4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Closing Broadband account but keeping Domain Name with Plusnet.

We've a mail-only account at £1.67pcm that would probably meet your criteria. It kind of depends on your current arrangement though i.e. what webspace you have, how your domain is currently renewed etc. If you message me the username to the old ADSL account then I can probably advise further.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oliver1
Dabbler

You might have answered one of my questions too. Is there a page describing the mail-only account? I'm hoping it would include DNS as that seems to be required for plusnet email with a domain. If it is basically like a broadband account but without the broadband then that seems competitive.

Then again is it JUST the ".plus.com" email?

grimme1

I have to say, I have not been able to find a page that gives information about the Mail-only account, though I have known members refer to it in the past.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

that is because there isn't one