Did you mean: 

Changing to Business broadband

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Changing to Business broadband

Should that read "... or less"?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@ccarmock

Your best bet would be to move to an ISP that provides the 55/10 option. This is available to all ISPs, but although Plusnet have moved all who were on the 40/20 product to 55/10 (standard Unlimited before it was downgraded to 40/2 for new users) they haven't made it available to others such as yourself for whom it would be ideal.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ccarmock
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for your reply.  However given that I understand that the Unlimited Extra product will not change my download speed but will give me what I need in upload and I am willing to pay the extra costs for it, why is it not available?

ccarmock
Rising Star

@jelv wrote:

@ccarmock

Your best bet would be to move to an ISP that provides the 55/10 option. This is available to all ISPs, but although Plusnet have moved all who were on the 40/20 product to 55/10 (standard Unlimited before it was downgraded to 40/2 for new users) they haven't made it available to others such as yourself for whom it would be ideal.

Agreed it would be the ideal product for me, and as you say is available to PlusNet as they have people on it.   I was actually a  customer way before they switched to 40/2 for new customers, but I had the original ADSL 2+ based service not VDSL, but technically *was* a customer at the time that 55/10 was standard....

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@ccarmock wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  However given that I understand that the Unlimited Extra product will not change my download speed but will give me what I need in upload and I am willing to pay the extra costs for it, why is it not available?

When we introduced 80/20 the decision was made not to offer it to customers who were unable to benefit from the increased upload speed.The account change journey will only show products that you're eligible for and as such you won't be presented with the option and neither are we on our end.

I may however be able to help, if you need increased upload if you PM me your details I'd be happy to look into it further for you and discuss it with you over the phone.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@JonoH wrote:

When we introduced 80/20 the decision was made not to offer it to customers who were unable to benefit from the increased upload download speed.The account change journey will only show products that you're eligible for and as such you won't be presented with the option and neither are we on our end.

slight correction Grin

ccarmock
Rising Star

@JonoH wrote:

I may however be able to help, if you need increased upload if you PM me your details I'd be happy to look into it further for you and discuss it with you over the phone.

Thank you.  I have followed up with a PM as requested.