cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my Business phone and FTTC from Talk Talk to Plusnet how would Plusnet deal with my problem

David661
Grafter

Re: Changing my Business phone and FTTC from Talk Talk to Plusnet how would Plusnet deal with my ...

Hi

Just to be clear I did not write "Your response seems to contradict what @adamwalker says in this post." that was another poster

Again many thanks to you and the others who have posted about my problem, I look forward to reading more

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Changing my Business phone and FTTC from Talk Talk to Plusnet how would Plusnet deal with my ...

Yeah I was quoting @Browni's reply.

No worries let us know if you have any further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David661
Grafter

I will keep you posted as to how things go, if TT do not do something then I may well move over here

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@David661   I feel this thread has gone on too long without any clear advice.  I believe from reading on another forum that changing provider e.g. from TT to PlusNet will inherently cause a DLM reset and that is very likely to remove the banding.

Have a look at this thread … http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4571678-moving-isp-dlm-reset.html

As always there is some debate about what happens but a change of product at the Openreach level because PlusNet and TT use different cablelinks at the exchange should remove banding.

If it doesn't PlusNet will be able request a reset for you as a new service should not be started with banding in place.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@David661 no problems, keep us posted.

@RealAleMadrid as per my previous response if the line is banded and there's no apparent reason for it then we can request that DLM is remotely reset but yeah you're right in thinking that DLM should be automatically reset upon completion of a migration order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David661
Grafter

Hi RealAleMadrid

Thanks for your posting, the link is an interesting read

Mind you I have no idea what "BT WBMC to Openreach GEA" means any idea what I have with TT Business GEA or WBMC ?

I know TT put in ADSL2 here a good few years ago that was why I went to them from BT my ADSL went from about 7 to around 13 download

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I don't really know the detail but they are different connection types for FTTC circuits at the head end exchange. This is from an openreach webpage

" Generic Ethernet Access (GEA) Cablelink enables you to connect your own servers or backhaul circuits to the Next Generation Access Optical Line Termination (OLT) point in that exchange." 

So GEA is what TalkTalk would use as they have their own backhaul network whereas PlusNet use the BT network.

David661
Grafter

Hi

Thanks things are a lot clearer now no need for a new line if I move to Plusnet that will retart the DLM and for good measure I will be on a speed not standard profile

Only one thing do Plusnet provision both Business and residential lines on the speed profile or is it maybe Business = Stable

residential = speed - just a thought I am trying to think of all outcomes of moving, At this rate I will be talking to PS sales on Monday

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From as far as I'm aware we provision all lines both residential and business on the BTwholesale Standard profile which should be Speed on the Openreach side, given that the other stability options available to us are Stable and Super Stable. Once provisioned it's a fairly straightforward process to change the stability profile if needed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David661
Grafter

Hi

Wow now we are "cooking with gas" as the very old saying goes

"it's a fairly straightforward process to change the stability profile if needed"

Thats more like it !!

TT say the is no choice of profile provision it is "all done by Openreach TT have no control" - just shows what the 1st line tech support at TT know

Next job, talk to PS sales

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David661
Grafter

Hi All

Well here is all the latest news

I got an IT guy here last week and all the internal network cables have been changed for CAT 6 (I do use gigabit Ethernet) and internal speeds are now faster (the old cable I found out was CAT 5)

The phone cable wiring and route has been changed and new HG 612 modems are now fitted - the res line is running a little faster and the business line could go faster but it is still banded at 34998.

I have given TT business one last chance to sort out a DLM reset, they are not sure they can so I have said the ball is in your court if the reset is not done I am moving the line to Plusnet Business