cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain websites not working - Youtube, Google

asifrashid

Certain websites not working - Youtube, Google

Hi,
I'm a new business broadband customer. My phone line went live last week and my broadband today. I received a message last week form PN that broadband was to go live tomorrow, but this morning received message that all is complete today. I'm using my won router and set it up earlier this afternoon. Initially all was well, I did a speed test (u19.9 mbs d1.0mbs), watched videos on youtube and did searches through google as well as general browsing. Then a couple of hours in whilst watching a youtube video the connection dropped. I rebooted the router and after a few minutes I was connected again.
The issue I am having is that not all websites are working. I can't access youtube or google. I've tried others such as bing, facebook, twitter and amazon which all seem to be working fine. 've tried pining youtube and google with no replies. I've tried pinging others and they seem to work.
Anybody have any ideas what could be causing the issue or how to resolve?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Certain websites not working - Youtube, Google

It is more than likely that the gateway you are on is borked
Try going into the router interface and click on disconnect from the broadband  (this does not affect the sync to the exchange) and then after a couple of minutes reconnect
Before doing that can you record the results of a tracert to bbc.co.uk and then another one after
asifrashid

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried it and all seems to be working fine now. Thanks very much.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: Chris
Thanks all, I'm raising a problem to get this looked at. If anyone else sees it then it'd be good to know which gateway you're on and a trace to the site.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.