cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't place new order for my customer

carl0s
Rising Star

Can't place new order for my customer

I have tried two different browsers, and two different computers, at different locations.

As soon as I get to the end of the process, where I click next on 'Direct Debit & Credit Card', I am just bounced back to the 'Business Broadband' start page.

I spoke to someone on Business Sales this morning and he knew about the issue immediately - I gather it's pretty common. He seemed to think it was a client-side issue though (clear cookies.. etc.) but as demonstrated by my using different browsers, incognito modes, and different physical PCs in different locations on different Internet connections, this is obviously not the case.

I've tried to call the sales line but it's now closed until Monday.

I regularly order (as a Plusnet Dealer) on behalf of my customers.

This problem, and the also-known-about problem whereby I cannot activate a Static IP from the new-ish-style member centre, are just taking up a lot of time in the overall process that I have to deal with when taking on board these customers. For both problems I am going to have to lose 15 - 60 minutes by phoning up, and in the case of the order that I cannot place through the Internet myself, it is introducing the risk of misspelled usernames, passwords, etc.

Please could somebody just take the time to fix these already-known-about issues with the plusnet website? and while you're at it fix the one where you are browsing for installations dates, and you click 'show me later dates', and then it's impossible to go back and choose one of the earlier dates, even if you cancel and start again. In fact, this may have been the root cause of this issue I have now where I cannot place the order at all.. some kind of inconsistent-incomplete order state on your side.

19 REPLIES 19
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Re: Can't place new order for my customer

Hi there @carl0s

I'm afraid we are not aware of this signup issue. This is actually the first we are hearing regarding the problem. So I am unsure why you have been advised this is known.

Would you mind providing a screenshot of the page it redirects you to including the page address.

In terms of the problem whereby you cannot add static IP on the member centre could you drop us a PM with the account username in question and let us know back here on this thread when you have done so.

carl0s
Rising Star

That's a terrible response. All of these issues are known, and have existed for at least 6 months, and been confirmed multiple times over extended periods by mutiple customer service representatives.
Why have you asked for my username? I've already explained that I am a Plusnet dealer and am signing up new customers on their behalf.
carl0s
Rising Star

As soon as the C.S representative answered my call, s/he said "oh yes are you being redirected back to the signup page right at the end when you press 'next' on the credit card / debit card page', and I said yes, and s/he said, yes we see this all the time..

I don't want a C.S. rep to get into trouble for telling the truth....... that would be awful. Just fix the problem. Spend a week on it, and fix it.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @carl0s

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Whilst we are unable to provide a specific outcome regarding your feedback at this moment in time, I will ensure this is escalated and looked into by the correct department. 

Kind Regards

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

“ Why have you asked for my username?

The request was not for your account name...

“ In terms of the problem whereby you cannot add static IP on the member centre could you drop us a PM with the account username in question

I guess it’s easy to miss understand a helpful request when your mind is making your point with passion?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Optimatts,

I guess that it’s possible that Business has some specific issues in their workflows which they’ve not yet shared with the general social team. These things happen ... you’ve not yet mastered the art of mind reading!! Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

carl0s
Rising Star

“ In terms of the problem whereby you cannot add static IP on the member centre could you drop us a PM with the account username in question

Well, as I am currently unable to place the order at all, and the service isn't installed, I am not yet at the point of trying to activate a static IP address.

However on the previous two accounts that I set up over the last couple of months, I was unable to do so. It was confirmed to be a known issue with the new-ish-style member centre.

That is why I was asking that the website issues be fixed. I wasn't asking for a static IP to be activated for me or anyone else at this time. Thanks for offering though.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@carl0s It's probably worth providing more detail regarding what happens when you try to signup.

As a starting point, screenshots and the URL you're redirected to would really be helpful. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carl0s
Rising Star

Thing is, I have to go all the way through the process, choosing products, filling in addresses, alternate router delivery address, setting username, passwords, picking an installation date for the line, and entering engineer notes, and then it fails at the payment stage. As I've done it ~6 or so times already it's a bit of a chore, so after my little rant I was just going to do it over the phone on Monday. Sorry for the rant. I had just returned from the pub so may have been a little impassioned as you say.

I'll have another go now. If it works, great, if not, I'll show you where it redirects to.

cheers

carl0s
Rising Star

Yeah it still does it.

It just sends me back to https://www.plus.net/business/broadband/

I recorded a video of the whole process, but it does contain personal information, company names etc, so I can't post it publicly. I'd be happy to send a link to the video via PM though.

I'm not sure, but as I said before, there's a chance that this is caused by me originally clicking 'show later dates' when choosing a line installation dates, and then because I wanted to go back to the earlier dates, I had to start again since it would not show me the earlier dates any more. Perhaps that leaves an almost completed order for this particular username ? I dunno..

Anyway I have the video (55Mb) on a webserver if anyone would like a look?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the detail.
Does the issue just happen for that particular username/have you tried a different username?
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carl0s
Rising Star

HI Gandalf. I haven't tried a different username although I have considered it..

I'm already on my second-choice of username because what we would normally use (companyname+town) was too long Smiley

I can make up something else and try it though. One sec.

carl0s
Rising Star

OK, no, it still fails in the same way with a different username. Hmmm.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That’s odd, do you get to enter payment details in or don’t get to that stage at all? I’m thinking it may be worth trying a different card if it’s the former.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet