cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a callback?

Nailz

Can I get a callback?

Hi guys,
Is it possible to get a callback from one of yourselves regarding a new line.... I don't particularly want to speak to a sales person as they don't understand the situation (it's a bit messy) and would like to speak to one of the technical chaps here first.
Cheers,
Richie
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Can I get a callback?

Given the amount of flak flying about this might be missed. Undecided
If it hasn't been picked up by tomorrow morning I will nudge a rep
Nailz

What's this flak you speak of?  Cry
pierre_pierre
Grafter

your lucky your on business, go to communty and look here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74056.0.html
Mark
Grafter

Hi Richie
Unfortunately we dont offer phone lines to Business customers....yet.
If its one for the house then we can help with that.
I'll ask one of the Comms guys to give you a ring tomorrow and see what we can do for you.
Nailz

Apologies, its not for a new line as such, it's just for broadband on an existing line.
However I am now put off by the daunting 12 month contracts 😐 I looked at Plusnet a fortnight ago and it was 1 month, I've never gone back into a 12 month contract Sad
cpdixon
Dabbler

Were you looking at our business broadband packages or the residential packages? Slightly confused as our business packages have always been annual contracts, for as long as I have worked here that has never changed.
If you look around you will see that we were the only people to offer monthly contracts (on residential), so whilst we are conforming to the masses and this may seem daunting, I would be surprised if you find it better elsewhere.
And would you prefer to be in a contract with an ISP you are to chat with like this?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Chris, it might be worth you having a little look at your competition.  There is plenty of companies that do 1 month and 3 month contracts.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Chris
If you look around you will see that we were the only people to offer monthly contracts (on residential), so whilst we are conforming to the masses and this may seem daunting, I would be surprised if you find it better elsewhere.

People would be getting a lot less upset if we didn't keep getting fed rubbish. Chris, I expect you were told by Marketing that this was the case, but it would do wonders for your own credibility if you checked the facts before posting them on here.
Go to http://www.thinkbroadband.com/search/package/basic.html and select 6 months or less (that's the minimum you can select on their search tool). Picking a through the very lengthy set of results:
NewNet - 1 month
Freedom to Surf - 3 months
Nildram - 3 months
eclipse - 1 month
be* - 3 months
IDNet - 1 month
Zen - 1 month
Exa Networks - 1 month
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mark
Grafter

Genuine mistake by Chris John. Not told by anyone to say anything simply an incorrect assupmtion.
Anyway, getting back on topic. Nailz can you confirm that its a business adsl line you need? If so give the Business team a ring on 0114 296 5182 and you'll get straight through to the Business tech guys who'll be more than happy to answer your query.