Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call protect on business phone?

carolynchafer
Dabbler

Call protect on business phone?

We have business fibre & phone.

I have read about call protect but can't find any reference to setting it up in our phone control panel.  I am wondering if it is only available to personal customers despite the website's claim:

Whatever your phone package, you get:

(I also can't find an option to activate 1571 in the phone control panel either).

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Call protect on business phone?

Hi there. Unfortunately, Plusnet Call Protect is just available for residential customers.

It looks like Voicemail is already enabled on your account call features page.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Hmmm I keep seeing explanations claiming things are “unfortunate” [unlucky or having bad effects] where in fact Plusnet have designed such things to be as they are. These things are as they are by explicit intent not accidentally ... unless the intended sentiment is “unfortunately we screwed up here”?

If such matters are deemed unlucky or having bad effects then what are Plusnet’s plans to remedy such matters so that they are no longer unlucky or give rise to bad effects?

@JonoH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

carolynchafer
Dabbler

Can I suggest that you change the website then?  The page/bullets I mentioned don't say anywhere that they only apply to residential customers.  It would have saved me a lot of time trying to find out how to activate and then posting on this forum.

And why is it only available to residential customers?  I'm sure it wouldn't actually cost Plusnet anything to make it available to business customers too.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@carolynchafer, Is it from this page that you are seeing this?

If so, towards the top of the page it highlights that the page is for home phone already:

HomePhone.PNG

(my highlighting of "home")

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

carolynchafer
Dabbler

Not sure whether or not that was the page (it might have been), but that sentence implies that the details apply to landlines as opposed to mobiles rather than residential as opposed to business (there is no link to anything called "Plusnet business help section" but there is a link to "Plusnet mobile help section").  I was signed into the business account at the time so would assume that anything I see would be relevant to business.

My suggestion that it is made clear on the page is just to avoid others wasting their time and therefore being happier customers 🙂

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Review response