cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCTV

Paulalex
Grafter

CCTV

Was thinking of referring my brothers business over to plus net's phone and broadband, Just wanting to know what its like for streaming CCTV, as he likes to watch his logs from home and check in on his staff.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 174

Re: CCTV

Hi,
I'm sorry this post has been overlooked, in case your still looking into this the traffic prioritisation on our business packages is set to prioritise streaming traffic for applications such as CCTV and video conferencing.
The following page here should show you how we prioritise traffic on all of our packages: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml. Also if 21CN is available we'll provide that too which means up to 20mb speeds, which I'm certain will give a good level of performance for video streaming.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chrism2
Grafter

Quote from: Paulalex
Was thinking of referring my brothers business over to plus net's phone and broadband, Just wanting to know what its like for streaming CCTV, as he likes to watch his logs from home and check in on his staff.

I'm not sure if this is useful, but I have a client using PlusNet for basic internet needs and streaming 5 live CCTV images to a main office. The DL rate is a pretty small 1-2mb and the upload at about 300kb, but the stream is reasonable enough. (I suspect it'd be pretty good on 4mb Broadband). It's a relatively recent camera install, so the quality is quite reasonable.
I'd have to say; watch your download allowance - my client moved from under 50mb a day to 1-2Gb; massacring the 20mb limit I had them on. There was a little short term pain cost wise while we upgraded the package; but I moved them to the Unlimited Business Plan to be sure and it's all good.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 174

Thanks for the useful and insightful info Chrism2.
The unlimited option is business option 3:
https://www.plus.net/business/signup/index.php/option3
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
atbs1
Grafter

Yes, you are correct BUT it is limited to 2mb. Unlike options 1 and 2.
Mark
Grafter

Hi SGTE
Whats limited to 2Mb?
It's an up to 8Mb product like the rest of our services.
Mark