cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business vs residential

decomplexity
Rising Star

Business vs residential

Acknowledging that businesses cannot use the residential products, I am still trying to get my head around the following:
PN’s ‘broadband download speeds’ support page contains (not verbatim):
PlusNet Pro (“Ideal for all general Internet activities and occasional gaming and VPN. Designed to cater for some, although light, binary USENET, Peer-to-Peer, VPN or music/video downloads”)
All day – every type of traffic is limited only by line speed

PlusNet Extra “Designed for serious Internet users, ideal for all Internet activities”)
From 12pm to 10pm – Peer to peer, binary usenet, FTP (non PlusNet), Download sites and other: severely throttled, especially the first two

Business Broadband Option 3 (“ideal for businesses needing a premier unlimited access service”)
From 12pm to 10pm – throttling similar to PlusNet Extra
And the ‘traffic prioritisation’ page has PlusNet Pro way ahead of Business Option 3*
There seems to be a teeeeeny bit of a mismatch between the descriptions, throttling and traffic class prioritisation of each product.

Could anyone shed some light on this please?

* - the only obvious differences are Pro with 20GB usage and 448Kb uploads versus Business Option 3 with unlimited usage and 832Kb uploads (can Pro be optionally provisioned on 832Kb IPstream Max, like Business Options 1 and 2?)
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
1 REPLY 1
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Business vs residential

My apologies - missed this post.
For simple comparisons of product capabilities you could beneficially look at the Comparison Tool developed and maintained by the Usergroup.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.