cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business usage allowances

Macca

Business usage allowances

Hello All
I cannot find mention of the usage allowance for the £34.99 per month package.
Also no mention of the peak and off peak times, or if traffic shaping is in effect.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you
Macca
5 REPLIES 5
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Business usage allowances

Here's James from the Plusnet Users Group (No Apostrophe Needed Today) to answer your query :
Lurker
Grafter

Basically you can use as much as you want.
Its not unlimited, but the limit is high enough that you are unlikely to reach it in normal use.
If your usage becomes unsustainable, somebody will call up to have a chat about it to establish a way forward.
Traffic shaping etc is all covered, but I don't have the link to hand.
/looks around for the link fairy - hopefully.....
Macca

Hi James
Thanks very much for the info - its really appreciated.
It does sound good as my usage won't need large transfers but a specified limit would have been nice to know.
Of course, with no limits specified we don't have any protection in the unlikely event someone decides to cap us at 5 or 10G for a month.
Anyhow it sounds much better than i expected and I'll check out the traffic shaping etc before signing up.
Lurker
Grafter

I tend to use around 50GB a month on my work one without any issues whatsoever.
I also recall mention in the past that once you get to around 100GB in peak time, that might trigger a conversation, but I still don't think its a huge issue.
How much were you hoping to be able to use?
James
Grafter

Hi Macca,
We certainly won't be calling you for usage as low as 5-10GB.  Like James says, it's more in region of 100's of GBs before we look at giving someone a call to find out if anything is wrong (sometimes people can be unaware of the amount of usage they are consuming.
Regarding traffic management, all business sensitive traffic, such as web, email, VoIP, VPN, etc are treated as a high priority on our network, with advanced traffic such as P2P, given a lower priority.