cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business broadband to home fibre broadband

zpeterk
Grafter

Business broadband to home fibre broadband

I changed to business broadband when there was not a unlimited home package, I am now thinking about changing to unlimited home fttc.
Since changing to a business service  hosting and VOIP have been removed from the home packages, what would become of my existing services?
8 REPLIES 8
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Business broadband to home fibre broadband

Hi zpeterk,
I notice from your account that you managed to speak with the support team regarding the switch this morning so I hope that all your questions were answered on this one.
Do let us know if there is anything more you need to know.
zpeterk
Grafter

Thanks for your reply.
I have received an email saying it is on hold until 21 November, what does this mean?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not a problem zpeterk,
Sorry for only just getting back to you after posting this morning.
After taking a look over the account it looks like they're just waiting for the next billing date so they can make the switch back over to the correct account type for you. What they've actually done is place the support ticket on hold until this date so that it will alert them to when the changes need to be done.
zpeterk
Grafter

Does that mean I have to wait a month to get the faster service then?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again zpeterk,
I'll check into this for you as there is another support ticket on the account which is being monitored by the support agent you spoke with so I would presume that this is being handled by him as part of the switch over. Hopefully you'll have an update on the account regarding this matter shortly and apologies for any confusion regarding the switch.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again zpeterk,
Just as a quick update, I have been in touch with the chaps managing the switch for you over on the business team to discuss the timing of the change over.
The reason that the change has been held until the next billing date is due to the alterations we need to make on the line in order to shift this back over to a residential service. This is done on the next billing date so that it all ties into the shift in services and means that billing is transferred neatly along with the modifications to the phone service. This means that once the change has been completed, you would then have around a week before the fibre service is installed which we appreciate is lengthy based on the date you requested the change being so soon after the last billing date.
This is standard process for changes of this nature as the shift in business to residential will take precedence over the upgrade to a fibre product. If we were to upgrade you to fibre before the account changes over to a residential service, it would mean that you would need to be on a business fibre product which carries a cost of around £40 a month which we wouldn't want to bill you for if this isn't a service you want.
After speaking at length with the chap who's monitoring your account personally he thinks he may have a way of making the change to fibre ahead of the switch to residential however it will certainly give you some incorrect information on the billing side of the account (although the billing will be correct) until the full switch is made but if you're happy to trust us we may be able to look at getting the changes implemented next week with an installation date for the fibre being a further week after that.
If you're happy for us to deviate from the standard process and try working through this for you then just let us know here and we can begin making some plans for the shift early next week. After that we should just need to confirm a few dates where you can be available for an engineer appointment, this will most probably 3 different days in the week commencing 03/11/14 either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm).
Apologies for any confusion regarding the initial planning on transferring the service over, hopefully this has provided a little detail on why this was done. I know that the alternate option we've provided is a little complex so if you have any confusion regarding this or you would like anything explained then just let me know and I can either answer your questions here or we can arrange a call.
zpeterk
Grafter

Yes please, do it as soon as you can.
zpeterk
Grafter

Well, we have reached the end of the week being 3/11 and absolutely nothing has happened, it can't be that difficult can it?