cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business at a Residential Address?

wykehamhouse
Grafter

Business at a Residential Address?

We are looking at the business packages for the Annex M capability. We currently have a residential Plusnet account, with unlimited broadband and 'Talk Anytime'.
Is it possible to get the business packages at a residential address? We currently pay £28.72 a month for the aforementioned broadband and phone, with half off the broadband for six months. Would be able to keep this offer? We are currently not in a contract; could it stay this way with a business account?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business at a Residential Address?

Hi wykehamhouse
Thanks for your enquiry. There's no problem with you having a business account if you want to take advantage of Annex M. I've taken a quick look at your account and line and I can see that the upstream speed estimate for Annex M is only 500 Kbps but as you're currently achieving an upstream sync speed of 1.1 Mbps with just the standard uncapped upstream option, I suspect you'll get faster than this on Annex M. I'd suggest that we do a trial on Annex M for you (I'd switch it on for a week and if you're happy, we'd change you to a business product and if not, I'd switch it back at no cost to you).
As for the discount you're currently enjoying, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to carry this over to the business product for you. Based on your usage, I'd recommend our Unlimited Business Broadband product with Anytime calls. You can view the pricing and various contract lengths here - http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/business/charges-schedule.html (you'd need to check the Market 1 pricing under where it says "for broadband and business phone customers" but don't worry about setup fee - we wouldn't charge this. The phone line pricing is a little further down the page. All prices exclude VAT. In addition to that, Annex M would cost £10 per month plus VAT. You can choose to either go for a monthly rolling contract or 12 / 24 month contracts.
Let me know if you'd like to go ahead with trialling Annex M. (Bear in mind that you'll need an Annex M compatible router. The routers we supply are Annex M compatible.)
Rob
wykehamhouse
Grafter

I would like to go ahead and try Annex M, please.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Just added up the prices and it is quite expensive, for what seems to be identical to what I get now, plus Annex M. It is £20 more! I'd understand £10, but £20 is a bit steep.
What do I get for the extra £20?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will work out more expensive that your current products, yes.
Business products provide access to dedicated business support with many years of experience in the industry between us, as well as quicker fault response times and the appropriate supplier care level for a quick response on any phone faults which may manifest. Also access to a multiple static IPs (if required, with appropriate justification) and access to value added services including enhanced care, prioritised service and Annex M at an additional cost.
I'll be happy to set up Annex M as a trial for you but only if you'd be happy with the total cost of the service if the upstream speed improvement proved worthwhile to you. Let me know if you'd still like to go ahead.
Rob
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I can confirm the business support is pretty good and responsive. I did have one "idiot" support person when I first used PN Business, but that was dealt with quickly. Generally I've found the business the support team has a good level of knowledge.
It is down to you if you want to pay the extra "insurance" of enhanced support.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

When I mothballed my business about two years ago, I migrated from a business account to Plus-net domestic.
the biggest difference is that business accounts prices are quoted net of VAT I believe, so the costs are even higher  Crazy
Business products are intended to be robust with minimum downtime due to good support services. Dont expect cheapness except in comparison to other business products  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra