cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business account - phone help and support.

vidsol
Dabbler

Re: Business account - phone help and support.

@Townman wrote:

As clearly stated Edge and Chrome make a pig's breakfast of things, I cannot speak for Firefox, but if you use IE

You seem to get a whole lot further than me on Internet Explorer. After successfully logging in with my credentials and selecting "Bills and Payments" I get:

This page can’t be displayed

A little surprising since Plusnet directed me to the page!

vidsol
Dabbler

@Townman wrote:

As clearly stated Edge and Chrome make a pig's breakfast of things, I cannot speak for Firefox, but if you use IE and select "Only the selected frame" you get what you are looking for.

I can print out the frame, but the frame is cropped where the Payments overlay covers up the bottom of the invoice.

I had already tried this and posters in similar topics in this and other forums have the same experience.

Are Plusnet trying to [-Censored-] off their business customers. If not they are doing a great job.

Up to now I have sung the praises of Plusnet. Those days have ended.

annthomasltd
Rising Star

Just cos of the title of this post, & it being the most recent with this title:

Just phoned PN Business support 0800 432 0200 to be told waiting time approx 60 mins, after indicating to the robot we have a possible technical issue.  60 mins wait for a business user ??!!  Really? That's a terrible service, with no excuse being acceptable. 2 thirds of the times we try to communicate with PN with possible issues, we encounter bad service such as this, bad attitudes by people just quoting contract details, or misleading information designed to end the phonecall so as to improve your call rates/ call times so somebody at PN can quote misleading customer/service satisfaction numbers to appease whoever it is that works with the false information your techniques provide.

Time & time again when reading different posts on this site, do we all see & read "Plusnet - we'll do you" vs "we'll do you proud"! Can't any of you take a hint or realise the truth of your self inflicted bad reputation.

There's only you lot in your PN bubble that still believe the wishy washy rhetoric you put out. 

So....can anybody explain why we have to wait 60 mins as a business user, to chat to yourselves about possible issues that are holding up our day to day procedures? And what & when are you doing to improve this unprofessional service?

And "no", we don't want to type an online chat to an invisible PN staff member - we aren't good/quick typists, & really just want to talk to a human being, in reasonable time, & have a quick chat for some direction or advice from our service provider. In the real business world out here, that's how business has/does/will evolve. By communicating efficiently & building relationships.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry for any long wait you've had.

We're aware the wait times are high and we're working on bringing them down however the number you've given above is our residential number rather than our business number.

If you call 0800 028 0282 in future you should be able to get through quicker

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
vidsol
Dabbler

For the sheer hell of it I phoned this number, and fell off my chair when I talked to a human within 10 seconds. Last time I can genuinely say I was told the queue was 60 minutes.

2 weeks ago I wrote to the CE, a Mr J Baker a letter that was passed onto PlusNet complaints. I received a phone call and a promise I would receive the required invoices and a letter. I am still waiting for this letter. I'm not holding my breath.

After the phone call this evening I have now received the 3 required invoices by email.

One wonders how things can go from from one extreme of customer service to the other in the space of a little over 2 weeks.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this @vidsol

From what I can see our complaints team have picked this up and responded.

You can view this by going here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
vidsol
Dabbler

Many thanks. I was unaware this correspondence was attached to our account.

It seems the promised letter was sent on the 10th. However, despite being clear in my original letter regarding any reply being sent to the 'Billing Address', it seems the letter has gone to the address of the premises that Fibre Broadband is supplied to.

Very little correspondence actually makes its way there, even the PlusNet router had to be resent to another address to make sure we received it. The postcode serves something like 70 premises.

As a result the 3 paper copies were never received, the whole point of this exercise.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

From what I can see the letter was sent to the address we were providing a service to which is also your billing address and the address you've advised us of in your letter.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vidsol
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

From what I can see the letter was sent to the address we were providing a service to which is also your billing address and the address you've advised us of in your letter.

Did you read my letter? The adress at the top of the letter is the registered address and the words in the letter refered to this as the "above billing address". The letter had used the term "billing address" in bold specifically to differentiate between the billing address and the address the service is provided to.

I'm having great trouble how this is confusing to anyone, and wondering why you would choose to send invoices to an address you are spefically asked not to send them to.

Are you now intimating I should write to Mr Baker agains to see if he can discern the difference between billing address and the broadband service address?

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @vidsol

I can see my colleague Joseph has updated your ticket today. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you need any further assistance, feel free to ask.

annthomasltd
Rising Star

Ok, thanks for business phone number given - just used it - 8 mins to get thru - better but still not satisfactory in a business environment. But just cos a good word is as deserved as a bad one........ received good customer service! Will now wait & see how long a wait we have to receive a new router to rectify issues we've had.

During phonecall we were advised that the rolling contract we are on isn't the cheapest available, where we thought we automatically renewed each year to a "good" contract/ rate of payment - not so. Now we cannot remember any communication from yourselves pointing out this "more expensive" rate of payment / system you are renewing your business customers to. I'm sure a PN staff member will respond quoting some short line, deep in the tangle of your contract(s), on this subject. How about some form of communication clearly informing/ reminding your business customers that they are paying more than they need to be? Such as a reminder on the monthly emails we receive informing of our monthly payment due. I'm hoping you inform / show ourselves it is clearly communicated, & we have made the error at this end. (Just been through a years history of emails from PN support, all about monthly payments, with none mentioning renewal nor reviewing our renewal - so in this instance, you know what this makes your customers think....?) 

And hoping that we don't have to pull out that line so often used & abused by your customers - "we'll do you (proud)".

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

It will be at the start of your contract you will have had details of it.  Something along the lines of "the cost will be £x for y months and then £z per month"

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

annthomasltd
Rising Star

UPDATE: Still waiting for the new router to hopefully solve our problems. Should've been here no later than 6th/7th Nov........... 

Just rang to be told - "sorry we didn't update your new address on our system (over 2 yrs ago when PN cocked up the move on their systems, causing ourselves stress & delay back then as well), so we've sent it to the wrong address. Sorry. It'll be a few days before we can get another router to you."

Typical, typical, typical.........blah, blah, blah, us going on again about how PN have no "business sense", no idea of customer retention, & a customer services dept that is inept for it's purpose 2 thirds of the time we try to make use of it! (average wait time on business calls right now = 5 mins = not good enough in a business environment!)

So...... as stated on previous post, we now resort to - "Plusnet - we'll do you. On a repetitive basis"  should be your actual strap line.

And from the previous post - "I'm sure a PN staff member will respond quoting some short line, deep in the tangle of your contract(s), on this subject. How about some form of communication clearly informing/ reminding your business customers that they are paying more than they need to be?"  was replied to in the exact manner I predicted!

"It will be at the start of your contract you will have had details of it.  Something along the lines of "the cost will be £x for y months and then £z per month"

The utilities companies have been forced to change their ways of ripping off existing, loyal customers in this way. The Insurance companies are being investigated for these same practices & will no doubt be forced into changing their ways. Wouldn't it be "doing us proud" if PN took the lead in their business sector by changing their ways on this subject, before being forced to do so in the not too far off future?? By the way, it's just good practice NOT to rip off your loyal customers anyway.

BUT, BT / Plusnet have to pay for Gavin Patterson's highly overpaid period of gardening leave somehow, after leading the Group down, what looks like from here, a path of financial, share price, & customer service ruin. If you're asking why we still pay for PN's terrible practices....? It's cos we are under no illusion that other communications service providers will probably be any better than this one. Maybe this should be your strap line - "Plusnet - no worse than the rest of em!"

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @annthomasltd

I am really sorry that you have had a bad experience and that your router was dispatched to your old address, this is not what we want any of our customers to go through.

I have passed on this feedback to the relevant department for you.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@annthomasltd

Perhaps you need to go to a dedicated business provider and pay dedicated business prices, and you might get a dedicated business customer service team, who answer your call in milliseconds!

just a thought!

Kind Regards,

CJT