cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Fibre Unlimited - Possible new user :)

MadPanther
Grafter

Business Fibre Unlimited - Possible new user :)

Hi
I used to be with PlusNet a few years back..
Currently I'm with BT on there Infinity 2 fibre package. I get a constant 75 / 18 connection and have had no problems over the last 18 months.
I'm now looking to move to a business fibre package with a static IP and SLA for fixes etc.
One question I have (there will be more  Smiley ) is how is P2P restricted on a business fibre unlimited account ?
During the day I download a lot of Linux distro's testing various installations. I've always found doing it via P2P to be faster than ftp/http
Can anyone advise what sort of speeds I should get and how this will be affected during the day, evening and weekends.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Business Fibre Unlimited - Possible new user :)

Hi,
We can offer you a Static IP.
P2P is prioritised under our 'Bronze' queue. Further details can be found on this here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml
There's no Rate Limit on P2P it's just a case of; if someone is streaming for example, we would prioritise the streaming traffic as you're more likely to notice buffering on streaming which is the reason why it's above bronze on our queues.
If you're not doing a lot other than P2P, you'll not notice any issues Smiley
If you're not having any issues with BT Infinity, in terms of speeds, I can't see that you'll have any problems when you move over to us whether that be during a weekday or weekend.
MadPanther
Grafter

Thanks Chris
.if someone is streaming for example, we would prioritise the streaming traffic as you're more likely to notice buffering on streaming

Do you mean some one streaming on my local network or on the exchange in connected to? Crazy
Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, I mean streaming on your Local Network.
MadPanther
Grafter

Cheers - I assumed you did.
I've spoken to BT tonight ( which was hard work ) but my contract runs out on the 10th April so can't do anything until then.
Unless I want to pay to leave, and pay to join Sad
So I'll hang on.
Regards
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all - we'll still be here if you're still interested in the move come April Smiley