cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business ADSL to Business Fibre

jround

Business ADSL to Business Fibre

I have been tasked with looking into our PlusNet account.
I found out for a start we are on PlusNet Business Premier up to 8Mb (Annual Contract, 1 Port Router Modem) and have been on this since January 2004!
We are being charged £42.99 for this which is crazy as we can get the Unlimited Business Fibre package for £44.40 a month (On a 12 month contract)
My question is, I found the option to change our package in the member area but the 12 month contract we are currently on was billed in February, so if we switch to the Fibre package do we effectively have to 'write off' the 11 months on our current 8MB contract?  Or can PlusNet refund for the unused part of the contract?
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Business ADSL to Business Fibre

Hi jround,
If you were looking to move onto a different product which is charged on a monthly basis such as the Unlimited Business Fibre package that you've mentioned, we'd work out a pro-rata refund and move you onto the new package without any issues.
In summary, we would write off the 11 months if you take the 12 month contract and we'd also refund you the unused part of the contract, on the basis of a new contract being taken Smiley
jround

Hi Chris that is great  Smiley
So if I go through the upgrade process via the customer portal then raise a support ticket to apply for the pro rata refund is that all I need to do?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Yep that's all you'll need to do.
If you'd prefer, you can always include a URL to this thread on your Support Ticket Smiley