cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit confused what package I am on...

tomtom1903

Bit confused what package I am on...

Hi any help appriciated. I ordered "business fibre broadband" on the 30th December looking to go fibre to increase download speeds. Have received my new hub one and on installing it I notice I am only managing dl and upload speeds akin to what my previous broadband managed. Around 5mb dl and. 0.83 upload. With fibre I was promised speeds of 22mb upwards.. 

According to my account summery everything is set up and ready. In my account summery it says I am on a new 24 month contract for "Unlimited Business Broadband" so does this mean I do not have fibre and they have put me on the wrong package?

Many thanks 
7 REPLIES 7
tomtom1903

Re: Bit confused what package I am on...

Your Unlimited Business Broadband and phone (24 Month Contract) order
Successfully completed.

SIGNUP
Thanks for choosing Plusnet broadband. We're now processing your order. For more information about our services, read our Welcome Pack(This link opens in a new window or tab).
Successfully completed.

CHECKING YOUR DETAILS
Checks complete. We're progressing with your broadband order.
Successfully completed.

CHECKING YOUR LINE
We've run some checks on your telephone line and everything looks to be fine.
Successfully completed.

FIRST PAYMENT
We've taken payment for your account. You can view transactions in Manage Account.
Successfully completed.

ACTIVATING YOUR LINE
Your order has been sent to our supplier.
Successfully completed.

HARDWARE
Your Plusnet Hub One - Business has been dispatched.
Successfully completed.

BROADBAND ORDER
Your broadband is now ready to use. If you need help setting up your equipment, please see our Support pages(This link opens in a new window or tab).
Upcoming step.

SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT
We'll take the first subscription payment for your broadband service soon.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Business

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@tomtom1903 wrote:
... I notice I am only managing dl and upload speeds akin to what my previous broadband managed. Around 5mb dl and. 0.83 upload. With fibre I was promised speeds of 22mb upwards.

Hello,

A warm welcome to the forums.

From were did you obtain the reported speeds?  From a data speed test site or from the router stats?  In the first instance, the latter is what you need to examine.  Was your previous service with Plusnet or some other ISP?

If with some other ISP, who was it?

Is the router connected direct to the master socket with no extensions connected to that socket, either via the back of the face plate or the front?

Note that the promised speed is the line sync speed, not the data transfer speed.  Data transfer speed is governed by a number of factors outside of the direct control of the supplier.  One known issue for users upgrading from ADSL to VDSL is that BTw can fail to modify the line profile.  In such cases, though the sync speed might well be fibre speeds, data throughput is still limited to ADSL speeds.

Users switching from a LLU provider to BTw's services have encountered omissions in the exchange reconfiguration impacting attainable speeds.

It would be worth raising a speed fault report (use the link below) to pipe clean the service configuration.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @tomtom1903 

From what I can see your product change to fibre is still pending as that's due to go through tomorrow before midnight.

The delay was due to engineer availability in the area. Let us know if you have any issues afterwards.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

In which case why did the user get a ready to use notice? Is this an upgrade (already with Plusnet) to fibre?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Townman From what I can see we hadn't confirmed their fibre order had completed.

The details they've posted above would be from when they've first signed up to us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Cheers Anoush - so one of those confusing communication content challenges ... oft discussed? What the user posted seemed to read as though the service had been activated.