cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing for closed accounts

warbleedar
Rising Star

Billing for closed accounts

So I've moved from residencial to business and your still taking DD for residencial....... You really need to get on top of closed accounts and stop billing.....had the same issue afew years back when i left plusnet and you sent debt collectors after me for a none existent bill....... Let's hope it don't go that far this time or you will loose a business customer
5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Billing for closed accounts

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Plusnet Feedback to Business.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @warbleedar,

I am really sorry to hear that you are still receiving invoices for your residential account after moving to a Business account.

I have looked through your account and I will contact our cancellations team to ensure that the closure of your residential account is completed and billing is correct to the point that you requested to move to your business account.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

- Warwick

warbleedar
Rising Star

And it gets worse........ 

It was suppose to be a striaght forward internal transfer.. 

Commercial goes live and residencial closes.... 

I spoke to commercial on the 10 they gave me static ip and said it was live.... So I put commercial info in router and reset the router.

As far as I'm aware I have been using commercial since the 10th.

Was checking my broadband usage and on the 18th noticed it had been reset... Thought nothing of it until last night when I received and email saying my residencial had ceased on the 21st.

So I called this morning to find out what has gone on. 

Commercial told me my live date was the 13th but it got reset on the 18th and that's now my live date (so 3 live dates)

He also said I had to speak to residencial regarding the info fo that account.... Fair enough I went through and waited again

Residencial: we can't tell you much because you need to speak to cancellations and it's atleast another 30min wait.

I'd been on the phone for a over a hour all ready

I just don't understand why it's got so messy..... Transferring from a 3rd party isn't even this bad

I can't have 3 live dates it's one or the other. 

I should be charged for 2 services for the same time period.... As I'm only receiving one out of the 2.

I honestly thought going to commercial would be better.... 

Especially when I'm paying more for the same product

Can someone please clear things up without me spending all day on the phone. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear about your experience.

From what I can see you've been using your business connection since the 10th September:

Apologies for the confusion regarding the activation dates, I'm not sure why you were advised the 13th, but I appreciate why you were advised the 18th as it doesn't look like your new account was fully active so the adviser completed it which triggered another notification advising that your broadband service is ready to use when you're already using it.

Again I'm sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

I can see your residential account should close next week, at the moment it's pending closure in our systems. I've raised a ticket with our billing team to work out a pro-rata refund to cover the overlap in costs.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to let us know over here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
warbleedar
Rising Star

It's not your fault but I need it clearing up on what date you stopped charging me for residencial and started to charge for commercial please don't matter if you reply on here phone or email.
regarding 13th your welcome to listen to calls from my side.
Reguarding the 10th I called on the 10th was given static ip and told I was now OK to use commercial details hence why I started to use it.
also closed nex week? I got email from plusnet on 21st saying it would be closed on 21st.... I just double checked now unless I'm reading it wrong?

I think some feedback could do with passing around.