cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay card reader lack of assistance

venuenightclub

Barclay card reader lack of assistance

HI has anyone had any joy getting a barclay card reader through a plusnet technicolor router customer services have been no help at all.   i've been told by barclay card to open ports 10000 and 45555 but plusnet don't want to offer assistance?  i think i might have done it following instruction on another website but still can't connect to barclays.
Really disappointed in the quality of customer support, three phone calls and three blank responses "we don't do that" and directed to someone else's website.
3 REPLIES 3
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Barclay card reader lack of assistance

If you just have one reader, port forwarding may help. Here's one example:
https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Broadband-Technicolor-TG-582-Configure-Port-Forwarding
You may need to discover the MAC address of the reader, often this type of thing is on a label on the device.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Mark
Grafter

Best bet is to buy a decent router for your business. The standard Plusnet kit is basic, entry level, consumer grade equipment and is not suitable for businesses.
Another point though, how do you meet PCI DSS self attestation / compliance if you're using that router?
One to watch.
M
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

For PCI/DSS the router is the least of the issues.
There's the generic implications of wifi connectivity, separate IP networks, end to end encryption and indeed the suitability of the PlusNet network's PCI/DSS compliance.  I'm particularly thinking about their packet inspection technology.
Using dial-up PDQs makes PCI/DSS compliance checking substantially simpler!  Huh

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.