cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE: Aweful Customer Service!

TheDebugStore
Hooked

BEWARE: Aweful Customer Service!

I joined PlusNet a few years ago after getting fed up with the terrible service provided by BT.

It seems that BT's service has now infected PlusNet.

I ordered by an 8th line about two months ago and it still has not installed completely.  An Openreach technician visited to install the line one month ago but now the line is dead.  I have tried to call business support four times today and waited for over 15 minutes each time for the call to be answered.  The last 2 times I called to have my service disconnected and was told I would be put directly to someone who would help me urgently.

I feel really disappointed by PlusNet.  It does not live up to its claims of providing superior service to business customers.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BEWARE: Aweful Customer Service!

Evidently you are of a different opinion but I think that this is a bit unfair, as by your own admission you have had three years of what would appear to be faultless service, but now with this single issue you have decided that the service is terrible and the previous good service doesn’t count.

TheDebugStore
Hooked

I have not told you the whole story.  I have tried on multiple occasions this past three months to get through to support without success.  I have a business to run and cannot afford to waste time.  Sadly, the only way I can get through now is to opt for the "leaving us" option.  Today I used that and was promised a fast response.  Sadly I didn't get it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, that's not so good after all. I have been with Plusnet for many years myself and I've found their service to be excellent. However, on the occasions I have had to contact them doing this has become increasingly harder as the years pass so  hope you get everything sorted as soon as possible. Running a business with only one pair of hands is hard enough.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @TheDebugStore,

Thank you for getting in touch and I am so sorry that you have had issues with your phone line.
I have looked through your account and as my response contains account specific details I have responded via a ticket on your account that you can view here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

- Warwick

TheDebugStore
Hooked

Hello Warwick

I have eight phone lines.  How do you know which one I am referring to?

PlusNet also generates eight Invoices each month for these lines.  This is crazy as I need to log in 8 times to download them every month.  Why can't PlusNet send me one Invoice each month for all 8 lines?

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @TheDebugStore

Can you supply us the username of the account you wish to discuss, so we can look into the right line for you.

Unfortunately we cannot produce a total bill for all your lines and invoices. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

TheDebugStore
Hooked

Can someone call me please?  I reported the problem 2 days ago by email but nobody has got back to me.

TheDebugStore
Hooked

Is there anyone out there that uses a telecoms provider that properly deals with businesses?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

If you can PM me the username for the line in question we'll see what we can do

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
vidsol
Dabbler

@TheDebugStore wrote:

I joined PlusNet a few years ago after getting fed up with the terrible service provided by BT.

It seems that BT's service has now infected PlusNet.

I ordered by an 8th line about two months ago and it still has not installed completely.  An Openreach technician visited to install the line one month ago but now the line is dead.  I have tried to call business support four times today and waited for over 15 minutes each time for the call to be answered.  The last 2 times I called to have my service disconnected and was told I would be put directly to someone who would help me urgently.

I feel really disappointed by PlusNet.  It does not live up to its claims of providing superior service to business customers.

A few weeks ago I had a chat with a lady in the complaints team after writing to the CEO

When I mentioned about a queuing system with their business contact number with a wait of 40, 50 or more minutes she said customer service was a 'benefit' and not a contractual right. This was after I complained to her about the appalling service and how they would still charge a termination fee because 'sevice was a benefit' and not a contractual right.

I have the recording of the complete phone call.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @vidsol,

I've had a quick look at your account, just to review the response and I think the agent was trying to note that a benefit of the Business Line is that it offers 24/7 support. I might be wrong and I apologise if the call is different to the letter response that was issued to you earlier this month. 

I notice that there was also some issues with invoices, can I ask if that's resolved now? I've updated the ticket on the account and if needed we can email any invoices out to you.