cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PlusNet still interested in business users?

rslsys
Grafter

Are PlusNet still interested in business users?

I have a client with 6 Plusnet ADSL lines on to their head office. They are now looking for a leased line solution for one of their branch offices.
PlusNet's website (http://www.plus.net/business/enterprise/) says that "WAN connectivity options - including Ethernet and private circuit services for dedicated and guaranteed office connectivity " are offered.
I called 0114 296 5182 being the only number displayed on the webpage.
Eventually the phone was answered and I made my enquiry. The operative told me that "we don't do leased lines". I pointed out on the web site that is says they were available. He then looked at the website, asked to put me on hold and went away for a few minutes. On his return it was apparantly "news to him" that PlusNet actually DID offer leased lines but this was dealt with by the "Partner" Department and I had dialed the wrong number. I pointed out that I had dialled the number that was shown on the same page as the "WAN connectivity" option. At this point he offered to transfer me to the correct department.
After a further 15 minutes on hold, I terminated the call and contacted Six Degrees. Within 5 minutes I had a fully costed quote in my Inbox.
It is very likely that the client will move all of their traffic onto a leased line option. PlusNet will lose 6 x ADSL lines and it will take a lot of people who like Brass Band music or who are amused by men on lawnmowers to make up the shortfall!
Cheers
Keith
7 REPLIES 7
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Are PlusNet still interested in business users?

Keith,
I'm inclined to agree with you. I "install" many business internet links for clients in the Financial Sector, but we use PlusNet & Demon for our own business ADSL link. I just don't get the comfortable feeling of the PN organisational structure being comfortable in dealing with business issues.
Sadly dedicated leased line installations tend to be pretty pricey unless the business happens to be within easy reach of a metropolitan fibre service. If you migrate your client to dedicated fibre be sure about the resilience of the service. We're in the suburbs of London, but even so found it was more cost effective to have our servers hosted in a colo-hosting datacentre rather than pay for our own resilient leased line link to servers at our office.
Alaric
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
rslsys
Grafter

Alaric
It speaks volumes that the first response to my gripe was from another user and not from PlusNet hurrying to put matters right!
The client would retain an ADSL link as a backup to the leased line but Six Degrees would provision that too!
Cheers
Keith
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@rslsys Please accept our apologies for the poor experience that you seem to have had here.
It speaks volumes that the first response to my gripe was from another user and not from PlusNet hurrying to put matters right!

We do our best to respond to all posts as soon as we can, it's not always possible for us to get a reply in there first but we are still very much taking on board what you and AlaricAdair have mentioned on this thread.
It's a big concern if the experience relating to the sale of new services to a customer or client isn't handled smoothly from the off, especially ones with the magnitude of yours. If there is a chance you still might want to chase this up with us do let me know and I'll make sure an experienced and relevant person contacts you to discuss our partner offerings.
I'd like to look deeper into this and find out who you spoke to but I fear as this was done from a sales perspective it would be harder to trace, did you give us the details for any particular account when you made the call?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rslsys
Grafter

Adam
Did not get as far as being asked which PlusNet customer was involved.
I made the call from the customer's site and they record their calls. I will ask if I can have the necessary call retrieved if that would help?
Would be worth talking to someone to see if there is a PlusNet offering that would be suitable.
You may like to get someone to call me on Thursday morning around 10ish.
I'm pretty sure you have my mobile number on record - if not, let me know and I'll PM it.
Cheers
Keith
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I will ask if I can have the necessary call retrieved if that would help?

Don't bother if it's a hassle but if you can let me know the number you called from and the date and time I should be able to track it that way.
We do have a mobile number on file so let me pass that on.
Cheers
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rslsys
Grafter

Adam
PM sent.
Cheers
Keith
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ta, I've passed on your details.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team