cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any News of FTTC for business users?

moemoff
Grafter

Any News of FTTC for business users?

Still waiting here ... it is expected at my exchange in March but no sign from  Plusnet of any package that incorporates it.
22 REPLIES 22
Kev
Grafter

Re: Any News of FTTC for business users?

Hi
We will be launching a fibre product once we have finalised the details of our business product refresh. We don't have a date as to when this will be launched though.
We do offer fibre to our business customers but it is a trial at the moment. Full details can be found here:
http://portal.plus.net/trials
The cost of this is £10+VAT on top of your current package price. If you need more details you can view the link above, raise a ticket on your account or call our friendly support team.
moemoff
Grafter

I get a 404 for that link... Embarrassed
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Real link is https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Or even easier..., http://trials.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Kev
Grafter

Hi
I am sorry I failed so badly  Cry
I blame my age for this error.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

These young whipper-snappers  Lips_are_sealed
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Lack of age or excess?  Wink
Seriously what is so complex about providing a production quality Business Fibre service. The indeterminate delay in service provision is a bit off!!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Robtheplod
Grafter

It would be good to offer customers a proper business package rather than say they can have a trial whilst the provider thinks about it............ most providers now do business fibre and it would be great if plusnet did likewise as i'd like to keep customers with you....
Is there any chance of a fibre product for March as this is when most local exchanges kick in...?Huh
lsimister
Dabbler

Really pleasing to see so much interest in Fibre!
As has been mentioned by Chris, currently we only offer a trial on Fibre on Business products, which you can sign up to at http://trials.plus.net if your exchange and cabinet is enabled.
To reiterate points made earlier, Fibre is absolutely an important aspect of our product portfolio, and this has been fed into our product refresh.
I regrettably can't give a date or indication as to when we are in a position to launch a Fibre proposition for a myriad of commercial reasons.
Robtheplod
Grafter

thanks for your reply Lee
how come other providers can offer business fibre from the word go, but plusnet can't ??   i desperately want to sell plusnet products, but unless they can have the products to sell then I'm stumped  :'(.... as said before businesses don't sign up to trials, they need a known product with known support.....
Regarding the reasons for not offering fibre, it would'nt be BT not liking competition from within is it?
lsimister
Dabbler

Hi robtheplod,
It's all down to the fact we want to launch a product with confidence that it's stable, and ensure our internal processes to support it are up to scratch.
The trial serves as a conduit to this, and we're using information from trialists to improve things within our team accordingly. While the physical product is largely the same as you'd get with our consumer product, the customer base (and therefore their demand and expectations) is entirely different, and we need to have the confidence that Fibre works for businesses from day one. As you rightly say, if the demand is for known products with known support, it only makes sense for us to be prepared so we're in that position from launch.
pengbo
Grafter

Add me to the list of people waiting.  Want the stability FTTC will give to the lines I control for broadband and very impressed with broadband support so far.  If you had business fibre product now I would be pressuring our finance dept to let us move asap.
As it happens I may need to make the decision soon to move to something that exists now.
AlaricAdair
Champion

Quote from: Lee
Really pleasing to see so much interest in Fibre!

My company is so interested in Fibre that we've just contracted with another vendor for a fibre broadband link,  For the time being we'll keep Plusnet as a standby link, but we were tired of waiting for PN to get off the fence.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
mssystems
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Lee
It's all down to the fact we want to launch a product with confidence that it's stable, and ensure our internal processes to support it are up to scratch.

Lee,
The way you are going about it, you won't have anybody left to launch to.
Last year the fibre rollout provided me with a spurt of new business but the service provision had to go to a different ISP.  This year it will be renewals, starting with me.  Not being able to upload large files to data-centres is already costing me project work.
The trial serves as a conduit to this....

The last time I looked, the trial cost £10 + VAT more than Business ADSL, which makes it more expensive than Business class FTTC from your competitors.  Would you buy that, because I honestly won't.  
While the physical product is largely the same as you'd get with our consumer product...

Since BT started accepting fibre orders for my LEX, my phone's been buzzing with attractive offers from your competitors.
I have been with PN the best part of 10 years (2005 IIRC) and while I have had occasional cause for complaint, it's a lot of years without complaint.  I thought it only fair that I raise a ticket under 'Thinking of Leaving' outlining my concerns and even suggesting how my business might be retained; for instance moving me onto a domestic product, which you say is physically, largely the same.  Thanks to my IP subnet and my referrals,  I am very open to negotiating a way to remain with PN but not at any cost, as I am sure you understand.
The reply I just received, I can only describe as astounding.  Possibly the most arrogant and unhelpful missive from a customer service operator, I have ever read.
Moving my subnet onto a domestic product.  Not possible.
Having a subnet on a domestic product.  Not possible.
Having a domestic product.  Not possible.
And not enough initiative to suggest making the trial more attractive.
The only 'helpful' suggestion was to ring the Options Team;  whom it seems, can not write!
If I ring the options team it will be to ask for my mac code and with some regret at that.