cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being unreasonable ?

brabb
Hooked

Am I being unreasonable ?

Plusnet business customer for a long time (well before BT took them over).  Reported an issue 15 days ago (ADSL line hitherto giving 14mb is now down to 4 mb) - ticket 130567578. 

It initially took 3 days before it was 'taken off hold' (whatever that means) and something was done about it.  I'll skip the BT part, but to cut to the chase a 2nd BT engineer finally attended last Friday morning who was clearly ignorant about the issue and maybe a new employee (didn't have a key for the cabinet!) and resolved nothing.  I spoke to someone in business support immediately after he finished (after holding for 15 minutes and being cut off on an earlier wait after 10 minutes !) who said he couldn't speak to BT himself and all he could do was 'pass it to the support team'. 

It is now Tuesday, 2 working days later, and no-one has yet got back to me despite leaving another entry on the ticket.

Prior to this I hadn't had to contact support for some 18 months.  Now, I'm left wondering if I could do better elsewhere.  Or am I being unreasonable in expecting that. as a business customer, an issue that is affecting my business would be addressed in a timely manner ?

Brian Abbott

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Am I being unreasonable ?

Sorry for the poor experience you've had, I'm going to speak to our business team and get someone to pick up the ticket asap.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

I hear you, but should business customers get a better service than us mere 'non-business' mortals? Wink

Seriously though, be prepared for the long haul because as regular readers here will know I've been down to well below 1Mb/s for six months, had twelve BT engineer visits to my home and today, traffic lights in place for the fourth time at my nearest cabinet. Once (if ever) it's all done and dusted I might even ask plusnet for the film rights!

Reasonable? try being unreasonable and see how far that gets you.

Good luck. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
brabb
Hooked

Well, the main reason I went for a business tariff was the expectation that I'd get better support if there was a problem.  Haha.

Anyway, funnily enough someone finally got back to me yesterday not long after my original post.

To cut a long story short, I have found this morning that Plusnet have allowed BT to close the ticket because (they claim) there was nothing wrong.  However, I went out last night and eyeballed the cabinets concerned.  What I found is that BT (and therefore Plusnet) are under the misapprehension that for the last 18 months I've been connected to a cabinet 2.5km away and still am - whereas I was reconnected to a cabinet only 850m away some weeks back and that's where my problems started (though you'd have thought things would get better wouldn't you?)

Anyway, all the new infrastructure around here is being largely funded by Durham CC and I've now got them on the job to see why I'm gettting such poor speeds.

I'm going to  phone PLusnet in the morning and see if I can get through to [CSA Removed], who was handling this apparently, and see if I can get any further with them.  I know the fault is BT's. But the lack of will on Plusnet's part to face up to BT is really making me think hard about switching.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules