cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow me to add to the serious moans about business service

mcgurka
Grafter

Allow me to add to the serious moans about business service

Hi all, long time no speak - hoped it would improve, but alas not so much!
Most recent thing that irks me though...
Why are around 10% our my business daily outbound emails being rejected by you guys. Sent from a PN ip, to a PN relay... what the?
host relay.plus.net[212.159.8.107] said: 552
    <MSGID> message rejected due to spam or virus. If you
    believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP
    support team. (in reply to end of DATA command)
Support response - raise a ticket and we'll investigate... meanwhile, we cant actually email the person we intended to. Well done PN, lets see how long the response is on networks - took about 7 hours last time, I'd be quicker driving to their offices to speak to them.
I feel I should probably mention my last contact as well - packet loss and high latency on the BB connection as it hits PN gateways. 'Ooh, low SNR margin, we'll need to reset that and turn on interleaving. Give it an hour or so'... Now I know a little about BB, and I know that packet loss *past* GW1, would be a core fault - not a last mile.
But anyway, an hour passes and I phone back. This time its a ticket with a trace we're after. Moving in the right direction at least. So I duly submit. A few hours later I get the most helpful response of my day which tells me that there are a few faults on the BT network in scotland, but they should be clearing shortly - now that is a perfect answer, why wasn't I told this in the first place?!?
Seriously PN, business support is now way way down. What's going on?
3 REPLIES 3
neilm
Dabbler

Re: Allow me to add to the serious moans about business service

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are currently experiencing in respect to the email service and non deliverable reports that you are receiving.  Can you PM me your username or advise of the ticket number for any ticket raised on the account and I will take a look for you.
I can then also look at the notes specific to the broadband connectivity issue and feed back where appropriate.
jim:quote
Mark
Grafter

Seriously PN, business support is now way way down. What's going on?

And that sweeping generalisation is based on what?
With over 100k business customers, many of whom are Blue chip corporates, your statement couldn't be further from the truth.
I hate when people make unjustified, sweeping statements with absolutely nothing to back them up.
Yes you've had an issue, however it is not a wide spread and will be dealt with and resolved by the excellent business team. It is in no way evidence of Plusnet business support going way down!
NickTheGeek

Dear Mark
Actually its quite obvious that Plusnet is not geared up to supporting even a half way serious IT installation in a business situation. Particularly one that uses VPN and VOIP on the Business Fibre package. They do not even know that the Technicolor modem is not configurable via the GUI for untranslated NAT which is required for both the foregoing.
I would not mind but think about it mate, they supplied the router. They also supply VOIP but never bothered to check that the router they chose could support it.
That is not  brilliant either and shows a lack of technical training at decision making levels that is reflected in the support. Its not our problem it must be your router, wiring, filters was the old complaint. Now that they are out of the picture (BT supplies the Modem and Plusnet the Router plugged directly into the BT supplied socket) the lack of anything else to blame is revealing the lack of depth in terms of training that we are seeing on the front line.