cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adsl2 regrade, what happened to customer loyalty?

Stigfish
Grafter

Adsl2 regrade, what happened to customer loyalty?

12 months ago I requested a regrade to adsl2, at the time there was problems at my exchanged and BT pulled to upgrade from the exchange.
Today I have been told by BT that adsl2 is now active on my exchange (WNPRS).
Last week I asked via twitter (@plusnet) if I could request the regrade now or do I have to wait until the adsl2 is active, I was told that I had to wait but I could by all means contact support when the adsl2 is active at my exchange so I would not have to wait until I am automatically regraded, today I did just that, but the reply has left me rather bitter.
I have been told that adsl2 regrades will be rolled out automatically but I can request this is done sooner by paying £11+vat! Is that a joke? I know it's only a few pounds but I'm a business option 3 customer approaching the end of my 2 year contract, wouldn't it of been more courteous to have just placed the regrade order?
To be honest I was more than happy to stay with plusnet but this has persuaded me to move on, I would be grateful if someone would take a look at Question #51994752 and issue me with a mac code, I am out of contract in April, once I have used the mac code you can then bill me till my contractual date of April 2012.
8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Adsl2 regrade, what happened to customer loyalty?

I have been told that adsl2 regrades will be rolled out automatically but I can request this is done sooner by paying £11+vat!

I've never heard of anyone posting on here, having to pay to get a manual upgrade before the automatic rollout. Unless its because yours is a Business account ?
I'm sure one of the Digital Care team will pick up on this soon, and sort it out...
I would be grateful if someone would take a look at Question #51994752 and issue me with a mac code,

I'm afraid that won't happen, PlusNet require you to either call in or write ( via snail mail ) for a MAC.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Stigfish
Grafter

Ticket had been answered...
I can now regrade for free as a gesture of goodwill, nothing to do with being told that I can regrade for free by your staff on twitter?
If there is a regrade charge then maybe making staff aware of it would save dissapointing your customers? I've declined the offer and still wish to receive my mac code, I refuse to stay with a company that tell you one thing only to then change it days later and fail to acknowledge that I was given incorrect information.
Stigfish
Grafter

Phoned to cancel, unfortunately my contract does not end until April + 1 months notice means I would have to pay 4 months charges if I am to cancel now, I've chosen to take up the free regrade and cancel in April, shame it has to come to this instead of plusnet just acknowledging that I was given incorrect information, twice.
Didn't have this problem last year when I requested a regrade, shame my exchange had problems at that time as I wouldn't now have this problem.
I had every intention of contacting the business manager in April to see if a few adjustments could be made to my account and I would of quite happily entered into a new 2 year contract.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Stigfish,
I'm sorry about the confusion there, however I can see a regrade order has been placed for you on the 10th (due to complete on the 17th) and no charge has been issued?
I hope that improves the connection for you, and sorry it wasn't issued straight away.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I have Business Option 3, plus a top up fee for faster response in the case of an outage. I'm still not convinced however that Plus Net have really grasped the business service nettle. Your experiences on the ADSL2 issue do nothing to dispel the nagging doubt. For sure the service seems to be largely reliable and the support staff competent most of the time, but why is it that no real progress is seemingly made by PlusNet on a Business version of FTTC?
Strangely enough I was converted to ADSL2 without even having to request it.
In effect the service is good enough, no obvious throttling, but it does mean my company bank account  pays out circa £42 a month for a 9 Mbs down/1 Mbs up service.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

As you may now we have a product refresh planned for April, it's too early for me to elude as to what form that would take but all your feedback such as what's been mentioned here is being taken onboard.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
prichardson
Grafter

Hi AlaricAdair,
Our lack of FTTC products on Business is nothing new and something we recognise. As with anything though, there isn't an infinite amount of bandwidth available in our development plans. I can assure you that we would absolutely have had this out of the door if there were.
In regards to the move to ADSL2+. We incur costs to move customers on a one off basis from 20CN products to 21CN products needed to supply ADSL2+. We are able to move customers without cost on a mass basis, which is done on a per exchange basis across the industry with special volume planning measures in place.
This is why we advised of this cost in the first place related to this thread, and why your own was done without cost and without request.
Unfortunately we cannot predict or request specific inclusion of customers in the bulk requests, as we have to go with predicted volumes and some of these may not be accepted due to resource availability and the volumes the rest of the industry requests from the allocations available.
Rest assured, we are committed to delivering a product, unfortunately we simply do not know when at this time.
Stigfish
Grafter

In response to AlaricAdair
I feel it only fair to add to this post to which i started...
Since the adsl2+ regrade I have had a a lot problems, none of which were Plusnets fault (fault landed entirely at my internal wiring), Plusnet have bent over backwards to help me solve the issue, I must admit I now wish I hadn't of created this post as I very much feel I was extremely hasty in venting my disappointment. Having been with quite a few ISP's over the years (56k, ISDN & ADSL) I can honestly say that I've never been with a company that deals with its customers on so much of a personal level, you try getting that someplace else with the overseas call centers and staff reading you scripts from a screen. To be fair when things do go wrong its very quickly realised how staying with Plusnet is the best choice Wink
I'm sure they will update their business offerings soon enough
Craig.